Dremel- Best Accessories for RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelPrentice

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
I'm still fairly new to RC, and I just received my first ever Dremel. I got the Dremel 4300, which came with a starter set of accessories. But a quick search shows me that there is a whole world of accessories that I could get.

My first Dremel project will be to cut wheel notches to help with my hex nut damaging my Kraton 6s's wheel hub. I need to cut two things: the plastic of the wheel hub, and the longer hardened steel pins that I purchased to replace the ARRMA AR713009.

Stock 2.5mm wheel pins:
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.33.32 AM.png

2.5mm Steel Rods I need to cut down to about 30mm in length.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.35.07 AM.png

The area of the hub where I will cut the notches. (pic source)
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.46.29 AM.png

Here is what came in my Dremel kit:
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.48.51 AM.png

My Questions:
1) Which Dremel accessory is best for cutting plastic?
2) What other Dremel accessories are good for general RC stuff?

Thanks!

Just pick up a cheap multitool set from ebay. You can get a case with a hundred accessories for 10 bucks. Best bet for your use is some of the thin cutting disks. High speed for the metal and low for the plastic so you don't melt it.

Just pick up a cheap multitool set from ebay. You can get a case with a hundred accessories for 10 bucks. Best bet for your use is some of the thin cutting disks. High speed for the metal and low for the plastic so you don't melt it.

Thanks. I already bought the Dremel 4300 on Amazon Prime day at a good price. Your advice about the low speed cutting disk for plastic makes sense.

Cutting wheel for both. The speed you use is what matters. For plastic use a low speed otherwise you melt it. For metal I go balls to the wall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back