Dremel suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I’m looking to get a dremel for specifically stripping screws..... I’m not wanting anything fancy, just something to get the job done. Any suggestions or should I just get one

Hmmm, how about this one?
13D5CDEE-BE94-4AA8-AE16-A4D27DFAAD2B.png

I have the 12 volt lipo cordless Dremel. Overall I really like it. Have had several corded dremels in the past, and a nicad cordless many years ago. Really I like this one better then all of those. Plenty of power, very long battery life.

But, about a month after I got my Dremel, I saw the Milwaukee M12 rotary tool. Looks similar, and I already have (and like) a lot of M12 stuff. It annoys me that the Dremel batteries don't fit my M12 stuff, in my in 12 batteries don't fit the Dremel. If you set the batteries side by side, it looks like the only difference is the color of a plastic case. But, one of the batteries, I don't remember which one, has one extra plastic tab just so it won't fit. Even more annoying, Milwaukee and Dremel owned by the same parent company, probably in the same Factory. But they made sure the batteries won't fit between these two different brands.

I have the 12 volt lipo cordless Dremel. Overall I really like it. Have had several corded dremels in the past, and a nicad cordless many years ago. Really I like this one better then all of those. Plenty of power, very long battery life.

But, about a month after I got my Dremel, I saw the Milwaukee M12 rotary tool. Looks similar, and I already have (and like) a lot of M12 stuff. It annoys me that the Dremel batteries don't fit my M12 stuff, in my in 12 batteries don't fit the Dremel. If you set the batteries side by side, it looks like the only difference is the color of a plastic case. But, one of the batteries, I don't remember which one, has one extra plastic tab just so it won't fit. Even more annoying, Milwaukee and Dremel owned by the same parent company, probably in the same Factory. But they made sure the batteries won't fit between these two different brands.
I have the 12V lithium dremel as well. The packs are starting to not last as long, the variable speed switch is getting a bit weird and sporadically, it won't turn on. Didn't realize milwaukee had an M12. So if my dremel one dies, I'll likely get that, then I don't have to keep multiple battery types around.

Anyone have the M12 dremel? Is it pretty torquey? I found that the lithium 12V dremel was powerful enough to do away with my corded one completely.

I have 2 of the older corded Dremel motors w like 5 speeds. Always work well can use any of the bits and the proper speed settings.

I have the 12V lithium dremel as well. The packs are starting to not last as long, the variable speed switch is getting a bit weird and sporadically, it won't turn on. Didn't realize milwaukee had an M12. So if my dremel one dies, I'll likely get that, then I don't have to keep multiple battery types around.

Anyone have the M12 dremel? Is it pretty torquey? I found that the lithium 12V dremel was powerful enough to do away with my corded one completely.
I do and love it.

I have lots of dremels - have always loved them - and they last. My first one (circa 1994) still works. I got into the rechargable scene for a bit, but the price of new batteries often comes close to the price of a new tool, so I backed away from the cordless. The benefit - constant power (no drain) and performance and I don't have to worry about batteries.

Harbor Freight has their own dremel, sure it doesn't cost much either.

looking for a good Rotary tool for hobby and household tasks.
wondering about the cordless models.
worried that if it hasn’t been used for some time the battery will be dead and needs recharging. Does it need to be on the charger all the time? Hoping that it can hold a charge in the storage case for quick jobs
I always find this a problem with my power drill which takes a couple of hours for a charge.
Leaning toward the corded model if this is the case.

looking for a good Rotary tool for hobby and household tasks.
wondering about the cordless models.
worried that if it hasn’t been used for some time the battery will be dead and needs recharging. Does it need to be on the charger all the time? Hoping that it can hold a charge in the storage case for quick jobs
I always find this a problem with my power drill which takes a couple of hours for a charge.
Leaning toward the corded model if this is the case.
Milwaukee m12

I have heard good things about this tool. Does it hold a charge while not in use?
how quickly does it charge up for quick jobsif it’s dead?

I have heard good things about this tool. Does it hold a charge while not in use?
how quickly does it charge up for quick jobsif it’s dead?
I have a cordless dremel and it sat for aleast 2-3 years and held a charge ?

I have a cordless dremel and it sat for aleast 2-3 years and held a charge ?
perfect that's what I hoped for. nothing worse than having to make a quick cut and the tool is dead.

perfect that's what I hoped for. nothing worse than having to make a quick cut and the tool is dead.
Look for lithium powered. They hold their charge for quite a while on the shelf. Typically cost more, but worth it.

My lithium 12V dremel is great as are my milwaukee m12 tools. The dremel chews through a pack pretty quick... but I haven't dug my plugin one out of the closet in over 2 years...

Probably going with a corded one just because I don't want another battery charger around. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back