Senton Drift Senton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red92rs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
So the first truck I bought was a 3s BLX Senton and while I enjoyed it I decided the Big Rock was more my style so I did a complete conversion. I thought I would just keep the pulled off parts for my son's car.

All my trucks are off road rigs and I had been thinking about buying an infraction as an on road rig. However, I saw pictures on FB of a slammed Senton and that got me thinking maybe what I want for a street vehicle is a Infraction style Senton Frankenstein.

I have purchased a take off chassis for a 3s and Typhon knuckles/hubs so I can run the 17mm hoons from the Infraction/Felony. I want to keep it 3s power since I will use a factory slipper clutch system with likely a metal spur gear. What recommendations for an esc and motor do people have? I think I want to go sensored for better throttle control, but unsure of what kv. Also I suppose pinion gearing will matter as well....maybe 15t?

I am not sure if I will run it 4x4 or delete front diff and center drive shaft keeping it rwd for better drifting. Also going to use the Dumborc transmitter and reciver combo with gyro to improve drifting abilities. Any thoughts on getting more steering angle? Anyone else done something similar? The end goal is not max speed but very controllable low end torque here for destroying tires...😁

While I can't help with any answers to your questions, it sounds like a way cool project. Keep us in the loop how it goes.
celebrate on my way GIF by Audi

I got the first of the parts in last night. Going to start layout this weekend. I already think I am going to chop the body posts to basically drop the body till it contacts the shock towers

i am doing going to be doing a conversion with my senton as well and make it a drift machine, ive ordered tires, body, but i may need to change chassis parts to make the body fit lol, also bought a fan to install on the electric motor don't know if its neccessary but im going in deep

I have the roller mostly ready. Still need to find heavier front springs. I just ordered a sensored ESC and Motor last night as I want finer throttle control for drifting.
20210213_162351.jpg

I have the roller mostly ready. Still need to find heavier front springs. I just ordered a sensored ESC and Motor last night as I want finer throttle control for drifting.View attachment 128106
Just so you’re aware, sensored motors only give you a benefit at low RPMs and won’t likely benefit you in a drift use case. Castle motors will run sensored up until a certain RPM, then will switch to sensorless.

I have the roller mostly ready. Still need to find heavier front springs. I just ordered a sensored ESC and Motor last night as I want finer throttle control for drifting.View attachment 128106
That looks the berries @Red92rs! Got something similar on the go just now, just been told on another forum that ah've ruined a perfectly good mojave tho!

Just so you’re aware, sensored motors only give you a benefit at low RPMs and won’t likely benefit you in a drift use case. Castle motors will run sensored up until a certain RPM, then will switch to sensorless.
I am aware of mostly low rpm being the benefits of sensored......but if you look at most professional drift setups.....sensored. It can give some additional control in certain situations and surfaces. Not always helpful, but if you are doing to do it more might as well go big!
That looks the berries @Red92rs! Got something similar on the go just now, just been told on another forum that ah've ruined a perfectly good mojave tho!
This was a pile of parts from other builds so I feel ok about it's frankenstein nature. Still want to add a front lip like on the Infraction

So finally getting back to this. Ended up putting on Typhon arms and turnbuckles to get the stance the way I wanted. I must say I freaking love this thing now! It rips! Probably a contender for favorite RC along with my 6s Kraton. I am also totally spoiled now by how smooth a takeoff you get with a sensored motor.

My urge to by an infraction is a lot lower for the moment........(full disclosure a Vorteks is arriving tomorrow hahahaha)
20210504_211540.jpg

20210504_211555.jpg

20210504_211615.jpg

20210504_211649.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back