Felony Drift Tires for Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClique

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Look for some drift tires! The RC below is a 1/10th scale so parts are easy to find. Has anyone found drift tires for the Felony! The hard drift tires last amazingly long, so great for thrashing around when you aren't doing speed runs.

IMG_5899.JPG

With the Felony, you are stuck using the Arrma tire setup. They have a unique Arrma staggered tire setup. (proprietary) Larger rear wheels. You cant deviate from this unless you match the front and rear axle ratios.
No one makes drift wheels and tires for 1/8 scale cars.
I don't know why. If you want to drift on Hoons, you better have a Fat wallet.
I don't drift my Infr. or Lim.
I cant afford to eat $60. every Lipo pack or so. I don't have it like that. :LOL:
I do drift my TA TC3 all day long. On cheap AMZ 1/10 scale wheels. 👍

Last edited:
I would recommend 3d printing them , cheaper in the long run. I see other 3d prints at thingiverse for drifting wheels / tires.

With the Felony, you are stuck using the Arrma tire setup. They have a uniquer Arrma staggered tire setup. (proprietar) Larger rear wheels. You cant deviate from this unless you match the front and rear axle ratios.
No one makes drift wheels and tires for 1/8 scale cars.
I don't know why. If you want to drift on Hoons, you better have a Fat wallet.
I don't drift my Infr. or Lim.
I cant afford to eat $60. every Lipo pack or so. I don't have it like that. :LOL:
I do drift my TA TC3 all day long. On cheap AMZ 1/10 scale wheels. 👍
Yeah, I feel ya there! Not willing to spend $70 on 4 tires per session of drifting on the factory rubber! The hard plastic drift tires literally last forever and are super cheap at $14.99 for a set of 4!
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 10.55.59 AM.png

I agree with the statements above.
I have a Felony and I like to drive it with controlled slides but not exactly drift maneuvers. I own a Traxxas 1/10 4-Tec 2.0 and it is super fun and tires are cheap, again not exactly full drift style driving but if I wanted I would be able to get all 4 tires on the cheap side.

RE: Staggered tire set up
You can always swap out the rear diff to match the front and offset the wheels. I have everything to do that but decided to wait out the tire availability, now I run gold and white Hoons.

^^^ Yeah, there is absolutely no real technology in making Zero traction hard plastic wheels......
I imagine it would be cheap to make them for larger scale RC's also. I wonder why no one has done this yet? 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, $15. is kind of expensive for the 1/10 scale drift plastic wheels. The cost to make these are a fraction of the selling price. They probably cost 20 cents/ wheel to mold out of cheap hard plastic.. There is no rubber to mount or glue. No labor there. Comes out of the mold and into a retail package. Sold at 75 times the cost price to produce.
I agree with the statements above.
I have a Felony and I like to drive it with controlled slides but not exactly drift maneuvers. I own a Traxxas 1/10 4-Tec 2.0 and it is super fun and tires are cheap, again not exactly full drift style driving but if I wanted I would be able to get all 4 tires on the cheap side.

RE: Staggered tire set up
You can always swap out the rear diff to match the front and offset the wheels. I have everything to do that but decided to wait out the tire availability, now I run gold and white Hoons.
You don't like the harder compound 'Silver' Hoons?? Have you tried them. Some say they last longer. I don't have them yet.
But I only Speed Run the Lim and Infr., and traction is no problem where I run. I can get 20 plus lipo runs out of a set of White Hoons.

You will be waiting quite a while for any possibility of tire after market options for the Felony IMHO.🤷‍♂️
I don't think it will happen any time soon. Because, it would have been done already. Hope I am wrong. But the Felony has been around for a while now. And I imagine there would not not be enough demand for an aftermarket company to make just one special size rear tire for just one model of one brand. Not cost effective. But, you are not alone.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Silver Hoons as I'm still waiting for my Felony since they are on backorder, however I've been reading a lot on how the HOONS don't last very long. I'll have to order some Silver Hoons as a back up too.

Boggs3010 had a great suggestion and I've reached out to some 3D printers that are currently making drift wheels/tires to see if they can make some for the Felony.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.51.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.51.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.51.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.55.53 PM.png

I haven't tried the Silver Hoons as I'm still waiting for my Felony since they are on backorder, however I've been reading a lot on how the HOONS don't last very long. I'll have to order some Silver Hoons as a back up too.

Boggs3010 had a great suggestion and I've reached out to some 3D printers that are currently making drift wheels/tires to see if they can make some for the Felony.

View attachment 121137View attachment 121138View attachment 121139
View attachment 121140
I'm more of a controlled drifter as the other poster said I refuse to just smoke and burn up that kind of money one a few batt packs no speed runs for me on the Felony nor Infraction. I'm mindful of my tires but the silver Hoons still don't get you much more real estate so don't expect too much.

If your do find some 3D printed ones let me know as well.

I know the goal is minimal traction with drifting tires, but with the Felonys power, I don't think it'll move.

^^^It will move alright, but you'll be revving that motor out. Better have some good cooling and a spare set of well lubed motor bearings for sure.
1/10 dedicated Drift rigs generally run hot as a rule. Not from load, but from max RPM's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back