Drifting tires for limitless/infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdikyle

Reaction score
got myself a limitless and fitted a center diff making it compareable to an infraction.

can anyone recommend some tires?

also have a set of GRP S7 for when the stock hoons die.

Last edited:
:cool:You can probably find them on Ebay or Alibaba, They are generic Chinese cheap wheels (non belted). Nothing special. Yet cheap enough for burning them up. I just cant see spending $60 for a set of Hoons or the other Good stuff if you are going to shred your tires up fast in no time. Just me.
I speed run my Lim. But also have a center diff to experiment with. But a solid spool works best for me, how I am driving right it now. I still have the first set of Hoons (white). All dots intact, on at least 12-15 lipos in so far. I know drifting will eatem in one pack easily. Its actually harder to drift with a spool. Which you probably know already. I have sets of the cheap chinese wheels also. Not for speed runs. They wouldn't last long. Are not belted. I also have a set of foams never used. Hard to come by. Mostly for 100+mph. I need more space to get higher speeds. That's a problem for me here.

Last edited:
i haven't tried the spool, i chucked the diff in straight away, ive had 3 runs so far and probably have 1 run left on the stock hoons.

hoons are around £33 a pair in the uk, I picked up the GRP s7 velocity slicks for £18.50 a pair so they are quite a bit cheaper but harder to come by, I only know of 1 website that stocks them in the UK.

I guess I'll just try out a few different el-cheapo sets and see how they go.

Im running with the max8 2200kv combo on a 15T pinion so its not the fastest around by any means.

That's a great combo. ESC and motor. I'm running a HW XR8 plus and HW 2200kv combo. Sensored. Your setup has plenty of speed. But with a spool it will be much more directional and hard to drift.
Are you getting heat issues with that spur and 15T?

No heat issues at all in the limitless on 6s, but I am on and off the throttle a lot and I don't tend to constantly drive it until the battery dies,

I originally had the combo in my HPI Savage X brushless conversion and I would hit temp cut off all the time running 6s in that but was okay on 4s.

The smaller rollout and lower gearing makes it run cooler than the Savage.

DSC_0071.JPG

Made some side skirts out of some cheap alu angle, both my and my brother have a limitless, but he's running the BLX185 and 2050kv motor, both have the center diff

View attachment 93733

Made some side skirts out of some cheap alu angle, both my and my brother have a limitless, but he's running the BLX185 and 2050kv motor, both have the center diff
Great idea with the side skirt. I'm with you on this. I have the aluminum angle already and need to trim it . Nice work. :cool: The body blows out at speed and the rear tires rub for sure. Some guys just tape the body to the chassis. I cant see doing that though.
20200810_193844.jpg
20200810_193715.jpg

Last edited:
Liking the yellow, did you just cut it out yourself? Or is it a pre made sticker sheet for the limitless?

Some of the striping is Florescent Yellow paint and some is yellow reflector tape. I run at night most of the time. I put some distance on this and its hard to see at night. I also have front and rear Led lights that switch with my DX5C radio. I disabled AVC completely. Harder to drive without, skill wise, but more consistent ST without AVC when Im in control. AVC and High speeds can be a bear. doesn't always work the way you want it. AVC adds complexity to the mix. The spool keeps me straight enough.

It's the price that's the issue, almost £70 for 4 tyres delivered.

Yeah they aren’t cheap. You can just stick to S7 if you don't like the price of the hoons. The silver hoons slides more vs the S7.

Running on the street is very expensive, I have to buy new tires every month.

I would drift with my 1/10 TA TC3 and go thru tires easily also. But they also have hard plastic for that scale. They are cheap also and last forever. 1/10 tires are much cheaper to burn up in general.
I wish someone would create hard plastic drift wheels for the LIm/Infr. A home brew drift wheel can be made. The 1/10 drifters do this. Then I would get an Infr. and drift all day long for that purpose with no cares. (y) :LOL:

Yeah they aren’t cheap. You can just stick to S7 if you don't like the price of the hoons. The silver hoons slides more vs the S7.

Running on the street is very expensive, I have to buy new tires every month.
on my felony I burn a set in 2 packs - if that makes you feel any better:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back