Granite Drive cups stripping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashedin22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Do they make upgraded drive cups? Metal? Or is it not worth transfering stress to other parts... Anyone got a part number? Thanks!!

Stripping may not be there right word, I guess they split, where they slide onto the diff out drives

Replace with the stockers. They aren't cheap though. $17./pair. Nature of the beast inherent with the Arrma Voltage. There is practically NO upgrade support for this 2x4. You are not alone. Just what it is. It is a very light basher. Extreme bashing will tear them up sooner than later. This wear is just part of the Voltage pricepoint. It is the entry level cheapest Arrrma out there.
See what others here will say.....:unsure:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310861

Kinda what I thought, it's my kids rig, I had thought I read someone putting 6s outdrives on em, just not sure how that would work?

^^^ This^^^. It's just a thing with the Vortex. No solution.
Just replace with stockers again. Move on and be more gentle? IDK.:unsure:

Kinda what I thought, it's my kids rig, I had thought I read someone putting 6s outdrives on em, just not sure how that would work?
I think they just bolt on I'll have to see if I can find the thread.
I found a video

Yea they sell upgraded cvd drive shafts check gpm i think they got universal metal dogbone shaft instead of the cvd sliding shaft
9FD621E9-ADA5-4A70-BA8A-F65E8CD6ECFB.png

Last edited:
I have the set posted above by @travykat. Great product. Perfect fit and super sturdy. They're steel unlike the poor-quality aluminum integy uses for some of their products.

My only complaint is that the included grub screws are too short to firmly grip while tightened. I believe stock is 3x3mm and I replaced it with 3x4mm.

Also available on amazon.

Do they make upgraded drive cups? Metal? Or is it not worth transfering stress to other parts... Anyone got a part number? Thanks!!
Yes…Integy makes it for $30. Of course then it strips out gears inside the diff or breaks off the drive shaft itself (that the cup slips onto). It’s a no win situation. Stock and 2s are tops for the voltage. I have three and have chased this issue to complete frustration… plus spending the cost of another 3S car while doing so.

Of course Integy also makes a $100 set of metal internal gears and differential 🙄

Yes…Integy makes it for $30. Of course then it strips out gears inside the diff or breaks off the drive shaft itself (that the cup slips onto). It’s a no win situation. Stock and 2s are tops for the voltage. I have three and have chased this issue to complete frustration… plus spending the cost of another 3S car while doing so.

Of course Integy also makes a $100 set of metal internal gears and differential 🙄
There’s no good solution for the weak motor mount though, which kills the idea of maxing one of these things out with upgrades.

There’s no good solution for the weak motor mount though, which kills the idea of maxing one of these things out with upgrades.
That’s the one thing I’ve had no issues with 😂

All three of the voltages started out as my learning experience (before trying to upgrade my granite to brushless etc). From upgrading to brushless to learning how to disassemble and reassemble and trying to reinforce the body, upgrade drive trains etc. Valuable experience and worth the ‘way too much’ I spent. They also taught me how to drive better, especially on throttle . One wrong move and blah.

Just one (redneck truck) I really went overboard with and since the differential cup post broke again yesterday, I’m shelving it for awhile. The other two are set up to be more dependable and they are.

The learning continues as I am painting my first shell for my stepdaughter’s voltage. That one is running the brushed ESC and motor from my upgraded mega granite, otherwise it’s stock and rarely ever breaks-down.

The diff outdrives are a weak link (possibly by design?), but they are cheap and easy to replace. I just order three packs of them at a time to save on the shipping cost.

I have the set posted above by @travykat. Great product. Perfect fit and super sturdy. They're steel unlike the poor-quality aluminum integy uses for some of their products.

My only complaint is that the included grub screws are too short to firmly grip while tightened. I believe stock is 3x3mm and I replaced it with 3x4mm.

Also available on amazon.
Use red loctite on those grub screws. Should do it.

The key to owning a Voltage is to knowing its limits and accepting it for what is. It's a low cost entry level rig. The moment you consider making it faster or more powerful is the moment you need to just get a different rig altogether.

I have 2 Voltages for my boys and they've been great. I have a few sets of plastic drive cups on hand at all times and it's literally a 2 minute swap at this point for me. Aside from a recently failing esc both trucks have been everything I expected and hoped for. We run them on 2S lipo and we get about 30 mins out of a single battery which is right in the ballpark for the attention span of the age of my boys.

The key to owning a Voltage is to knowing its limits and accepting it for what is. It's a low cost entry level rig. The moment you consider making it faster or more powerful is the moment you need to just get a different rig altogether.

I have 2 Voltages for my boys and they've been great. I have a few sets of plastic drive cups on hand at all times and it's literally a 2 minute swap at this point for me. Aside from a recently failing esc both trucks have been everything I expected and hoped for. We run them on 2S lipo and we get about 30 mins out of a single battery which is right in the ballpark for the attention span of the age of my boys.

I literally just bought one from a buddy for $30 for that reason...my kids. It needs a few parts replaced, but I'll be ~$50 all in, and I want something they can run in the back yard when we don't have time to go out to the farm (we live in town about 20 minutes from the farm). I think I'll go ahead and order some spare cups while I'm ordering the stuff that's missing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back