Notorious Drive shaft keeps coming out :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugthing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I had to replace the front gear box case for my Notorious.. everything seemed to go fairly well, althou since then the front drive shafts have come out of the diff set (on either side) an number of times. (gearbox case replacement may have nothing to do with this)

When I put the drive shafts back inplace, I have to undo the arms from the wheels etc. .. they wont go back in otherwise

Everything seems solid but any fairly big bash and they come out.

I cant see anything wrong.

Wondered anyone here might have had a similar problem or has any suggestions on what do to

cheers,

-bn

Pull the plastic spacers on the upper a-arms (where the pillow balls screw in) and the metal spacer off of the bottom arms. This should help seat the shafts deeper in the cups, hopefully enough to solve the problem

Pull the plastic spacers on the upper a-arms (where the pillow balls screw in) and the metal spacer off of the bottom arms. This should help seat the shafts deeper in the cups, hopefully enough to solve the problem

thanks for the advice, I will definitely look at doing that asap., totally sounds like that should do it ?

Just this weekend I had to tighten up the front lower A Arms to stop that from happening as well. I got lucky and noticed replacing my front bumper, corrected it while everything was out of the way. You might be able to remove the ball cap screws and if you have something that will grip it enough you could tighten it back into the arm, and replace the ball cap screws and should be back to bashing!! Good luck!

Had the same thing happen with an Outcast 6S and this fixed it.

Thanks for the advice, removing the spacers worked perfectly.
I was bashing happily..until I smashed into a lamp post amd broke a front arm.. replacement RPM arms ordered
Just sounds like fun!! ???

Bummer on the down time, hope the delivery service hauls arse!!

I am Having the Same Problem My Driveshaft Keeps Popping Off But if I Remove The Spacers Wont that Make the Truck Drive Diff? I Love the Way the Truck Drives And don't Want To Mess It Up..isint There Anything I Can Buy 2 Fix?????

I am Having the Same Problem My Driveshaft Keeps Popping Off But if I Remove The Spacers Wont that Make the Truck Drive Diff? I Love the Way the Truck Drives And don't Want To Mess It Up..isint There Anything I Can Buy 2 Fix?????
sand down the alluminium ring and plastic insert behind it and remove the clip. Thats one i did with my kraton exb. Didnt have any issues
Bassicly sanding the bottom so that the camber stays the same to conpensate by removing the top spacer. I don't have the tools for it so i still had to use exb diff shims(saMe size as the clips) To get my camber right. Im just telling you what i did. Might not work in ur case or im just lucky.
You can also try putting a bump stopin on ur shaft with Nitro fuel tubing Bassicly limiting the downwards travel of ur shock. Like 0.5cm thick. But idk how its going to work with the shock boot maybe you will have to remove it. You can also warranty that part and get new outdrives. Im sure they are well chewed up .

Last edited:
The old a-arms (v4 and below) wasnt long enough for the driveshafts, and required the metal spacer at the bottom and another spacer in the top to get the currect arm length so the driveshaft wouldnt bind with the diff cup.

On the newer a-arms, they lengthen the arms so these spacers are no longer needed, so if you install them then the driveshaft is not long enough and will pop out.

In my case i moved from the old arms to the new ones, and i used those spacers and then driveshaft started to pop out, removing the spacers fixed it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back