Limitless Drive shaft vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Is something that has been solved by arrma? I am getting my new limitless and I wanted to know if I should upgrade. Thanks

I will be running the spektrum 160/1250 combo with stock gearing So around 90mph top speed.

Not addressed by Arrma... yet. I run the TRC Performance 8mm titanium shafts.

These dog bones I found work great for me on my infraction. Not as expensive as the ampedrc ones and not 8mm thick, but they are definitely thicker than stock. Also they are slightly longer than stock so almost no slop once installed. With one o-ring in each cup of the center diff I have no slop at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203019256002
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333407401341

Attachments

• 20200719_162108.jpg
    20200719_162108.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 93
Only need the rear shaft. Fronts are not any issue. All on road shafts are the same length FWIW.
I have the RCAWD on my Infr. Slightly better than the stockers. A few mm intentionally longer. They still oscillate. Not as bad. You need to pay$$$ for the good stuff.
I forgot the name, they are, from Australia. Amped or something. Scorched makes them also.Use higher end on my Lim. They are fatter and also a mm or 2 longer. Just watch for clearance at the rear chassis brace.
The CF shafts are nice and lighter, but some say they cant handle extreme loads. Depends on the brand I guess.
M2C will be releasing Shafts soon for many 6s rigs. Even outdrive axel shafts. Using quality Tool Steel.

So just a heads up from my experience.. the stock shafts do flex hard but will hold up. I've ran the Scorched titanium shafts the last 4 or so months and have had issues with speeds above 125mph with them they are just too thick IMO and cause too much vibration. Best way to go is a Pinocchio spool setup but again this is for speed running and at over 125mph. I've personally ran stock shafts to 138mph and supposedly Peter has ran them to 190mph so they will hold up just not ideal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back