Big Rock Drive shaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysteriousPooper

11B baby
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Notorious
  3. Voltage
Wheel came flying off today. Found the issue between the drive shaft and wheel axle I guess??? Pics attached. Is there anyway to remove red circle pin? You can't see very well but the screw that holds wheel axle into place looks like it just came undone. If not fixable is there any recommended upgrades or should I just order stock set?

20210407_220351.jpg

20210407_220626.jpg

You insert your hex driver 2mm through the other end to get to the crew you need to get at. it is not supposed to come apart at the u joint. Same thing happened multiple times to me and today in fact.View attachment 138112like so
And also you can upgrade them as well. Mine keep coming apart at the u joint so I have to upgrade them myself

Ah isn't that the same part number? Sweet that worked. Now I have to deal with the issue that is blue loctite on the wheel nut or whatever it is.

Heat always helps with loctite. Where at exactly? And need to make sure to have. Good set of drivers. I was told MIP I got some little pricey but well worth it no more stripped bolts.
Ah isn't that the same part number? Sweet that worked. Now I have to deal with the issue that is blue loctite on the wheel nut or whatever it is.
And if you look on arrma-rc.com under optional upgrades thats where you will find that part. Its not a stock item.

Heat will help and also.like I said a good set of drivers. I stripped quite a few before I got these MIP and should have at the beginning.
Would you just apply heat to weaken it and it should come off after cooling down? Or do you burn it off? I have a little gunk on the nuts. Shown

20210407_231734.jpg

That's funny 🤣 My Big Rock did the exact same thing during today's bash ¡ Went home and loctited both front axle fasteners (which I should have done when I first got it due to knowledge of problem). Seems like just a matter of time and every Arrma owner will experience the same issues as others.

I jumped and mine flew off st landing. A small jump is all so I was like wtf. Thankful for the easy fix

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back