Driveshaft options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogis9

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does anyone run front cvd style driveshafts on the rear of their rigs? If so are the front and rears the same. I may well experiment later if I get a chance.

Cool thanks, I’m hoping to try on my Typhon once the kids have gone bed

Thanks guys great help. I’ll swap the fronts into the rears and see if I need Durango diff cups or not. I have a feeling it’ll be fine. Is it worth buying mip cvd’s, they are around twice the price of standard ones. My Typhon does have a hard life but I try my best to stay on top of maintenance.

You're welcome! I don't know if the MIP's will fit in the rear. For durability you don't need 'm. I run the stock cvd's in the rear on 6s with the Kraton and Typhon and have no issues at all.

The dog bones will come in contact with the slot in the outdrives at full compression and extension. You need TD outdrives or you run the risk of damaging part. Slot to slot depth is a lot shorter on the TD.
I have this set up. Works great.

Attachments

• E6A63C9C-D743-4D8C-AC31-434BF4D8A56D.jpeg
    E6A63C9C-D743-4D8C-AC31-434BF4D8A56D.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 60
Just brought 2 sets of Durango td310480’s from eBay £30 for the four. May not need them but I’m sure if I hadn’t brought them I would have needed them and not been able to find them

Just brought 2 sets of Durango td310480’s from eBay £30 for the four. May not need them but I’m sure if I hadn’t brought them I would have needed them and not been able to find them
A little advice. The TD outdrives have a ever so slightly shorter shaft. When I opened up the diff I had the area behind the gear that goes on the shaft is machined for the shim. When I went to put the outdrives in my Arrma diff it was to tight on the gear with the Mugen shim. That’s why I just bought up the full diff. The pic is of a spiral gear but the straight cut has the same recess as this.
3EA4E547-5063-4875-8DD1-004F4B70C0AF.png

Thanks for that tip. Is the internal dimensions for the dog bone cup the same as Arrma? Is it loose? Those are much more stout looking.
Same internal width just longer so it works with CVD’s in the rear

Same internal width just longer so it works with CVD’s in the rear
Lol, I ordered 2 sets to expert because I need them?.....

They are very stout looking. In your picture the machining quality looks better even. Funny note, Amazon is going to be wondering why there's a run on them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back