Typhon Driveshafts question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read on here before that some folks like to buy drill bit stock to cut down and use as pins for various locations on the cars. "Drill bit stock" may not necessarily be the correct name however. They are basically drill bits that haven't had the twists cut into them yet. I'm also not sure where these are purchased. Supposed to be much cheaper than buying parts from the hobby shops. Depending on the material of the drill bit stock, they could also last longer than the hobby manufacturer parts. Hopefully someone else can chime in who has gone this route.

Those are called drill bit blanks and are primarily used in the Diffs. As for replacing the pins in your dogbones those pins are pressed in and are serisouly beefy steel, you would be hard pressed to find pins that will hold up as well as the stock ones, also replacing them would be a real PIA. I would recommend replacing the dog-bone plus they are fairly cheap.

Those are called drill bit blanks and are primarily used in the Diffs. As for replacing the pins in your dogbones those pins are pressed in and are serisouly beefy steel, you would be hard pressed to find pins that will hold up as well as the stock ones, also replacing them would be a real PIA. I would recommend replacing the dog-bone plus they are fairly cheap

ad theseThose are called drill bit blanks and are primarily used in the Diffs. As for replacing the pins in your dogbones those pins are pressed in and are serisouly beefy steel, you would be hard pressed to find pins that will hold up as well as the stock ones, also replacing them would be a real PIA. I would recommend replacing the dog-bone plus they are fairly cheap.
You make a very good point, had this set for a few years now. No complaints. I decided to buy a new set from Jenny's. Starting my annual winter rebuild on my Typhon. Thanks for your input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back