Drivetrain/Diff Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32trees

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey everyone so my Kraton exb I built not so long ago brand new from the box the first drive the car was pulling left so I figured out how to trim right to get her driving straight, so that helped but now that the cars broken in it still wants to pull left under load.... like if one wheel is getting more power or some thing. I should get a video but I keep forgetting. At first I though ok more trim right but now I’m at +28 and I started at +12 at this rate I’ll be at +40 soon. Like I can drive slow and coast straight and then give it power for a nice take off and boom rear starts to move left and the front steers right.

FYI it was doing this a lot less before I changed center diff oil to 300k I believe or 200k I’ll have to check- front/rear never been opened. I have 60k ready for the front and 30k for the rear.

Hey everyone so my Kraton exb I built not so long ago brand new from the box the first drive the car was pulling left so I figured out how to trim right to get her driving straight, so that helped but now that the cars broken in it still wants to pull left under load.... like if one wheel is getting more power or some thing. I should get a video but I keep forgetting. At first I though ok more trim right but now I’m at +28 and I started at +12 at this rate I’ll be at +40 soon. Like I can drive slow and coast straight and then give it power for a nice take off and boom rear starts to move left and the front steers right.

FYI it was doing this a lot less before I changed center diff oil to 300k I believe or 200k I’ll have to check- front/rear never been opened. I have 60k ready for the front and 30k for the rear.
Seems like oversteer to me. you should put the open diff kit in the rear diff. The LSD setup on theres makes everything become almost a locked diff. The front in all of mine are setup to the less restrictive setting exept the center

Seems like oversteer to me. you should put the open diff kit in the rear diff. The LSD setup on theres makes everything become almost a locked diff. The front in all of mine are setup to the less restrictive setting exept the center
LSD setup?

Open diff kit https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311094
LSD setup

764641B1-CE0F-45B4-AB73-FAF27808A754.jpeg

The open diff you recommended is similar too a full locked up rear? can I just add a heavy weight oil to the rear and achieve more even power plated to the rear wheels? this is basically the first car I’ve had had to work on I started with a rustler 4x4 vlx and instantly jumped to this.

The front turnbuckles are just for adjustments to your steering?
I’m noticing that one wheel looks out of alignment and went to just adjust the front left only and now my steering is crazy. When adjusting steer you have to adjust both with the same amount of turns to keep there lengths the same? Thinking to start from scratch and unhook servo horn and re adjust from there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back