Driving in the rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
Do you guys run your RCs when it's wet? I'm heading into my first winter in this hobby and it's finally gotten pretty wet after a very dry start to my Southern Hemisphere winter.

I know the Arrmas are pretty water resistant so actually using on a wet surface doesn't really concern me but if it's raining hard and running through a few puddles is unavoidable should I be concerned?

What do you do after driving in the wet to stop any corrosion or seized bearing etc. Is spraying with CRC or WD-40 to repell the water advised or a no no?

Thanks.

Do the WD-40 before you drive in the rain, just give a nice light coating no need to go overboard, do not spray the bearings and do not spray the electronics.
Make sure to plug the vent holes in your wheels so the wheels do not fill with water, you can also vent the tires so the water can get out.
When you are done driving use an air compressor to get off as much of the water as you can, while blowing off the car try to avoid the bearings as much as possible so you don't blow any water or crud inside the bearings.
After drying give it another light coating of WD-40 let it sit for like 5-10 minutes then wipe it off.

Ideally to run in the wet you would want Stainless steel bearings and stainless steel screws, problem is stainless steel bearings and screws don't have the same strength as the steel counterparts do. But on a 1/10 scale basher they should be okay as long as you use quality stainless steel, ie no RC Screwz, no Rc Raven, no random screws or bearings from China ect.

Excuse the double post but got a quick run in between the downpours and my Vorteks was a blast on the wet tarmac. The AVC really helped keep the car straight without losing to much traction.

Don't drive in the wet, been there, done that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back