Senton Driving issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferriday96

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I recently put a brushless system in the SENTON mega and it now struggles to drive. Hard to explain but when it but when it’s off the ground the wheels spin and as you let the throttle off it stops straight away. It struggles to spin the driveline and then once it’s touching on the ground it won’t move at all.
Complete newby to this RC scene and have no idea really.
Any help would be great.

I would check to make sure the motor spins freely since it sounds like everything moves freely until the motor goes in. Could be possibla bad bearing or it could be as simple as the pinion is pushed down to far. Most aftermarket motors have a shorter shaft and you have to put pinion on with the grub screw first so its by motor.

when it’s off the ground the wheels spin and as you let the throttle off it stops straight away. It struggles to spin the driveline and then once it’s touching on the ground it won’t move at all..

Sounds like the brake programming on the esc is too high, or centering of throttle control is off. There could be a binding in the drive system, but by your description, it sounds just the way a crawler would act. Maybe the ESC has a crawler mode and its set to that. Check the driveline first to be sure everything is free

Edit on the original post.
I think it might have something to do when it gets into the rear diff that something is stoppingbti from spinning easily.
When the mount is pulled out of the diff it spins perfectly.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-waterproof-1-10-brushless-power-system-3520kv-80a.html
That’s the set up I put in the car and I have the tuning device on it’s way

I know what your talking about , try loosen off the Yoke so it’s Not So rightly screwed together , also look at where the Screws for the differential case are as they spin around they catch on the diff yoke slightly , I’ve dremmeled the inside of my yoke on that side so it has a Little groove the screws don’t get caught on the yoke ,
Also just fettle around with the 4 screws in the diff case , Find a happy balance of not dragging on the yoke and the diff spinning freely . It’s a Bad design it’s in every Senton .
Also try an extra shim behind the big bearing on the diff case the side that has the 4 screws. You’ll never get it perfect but it’ll help.

Also just fettle around with the 4 screws in the diff case , Find a happy balance of not dragging on the yoke and the diff spinning freely . It’s a Bad design it’s in every Senton .

Good point here.
PL
note; and the clutch also, is a good point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back