Dromida has a drift car coming out in Sept

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
http://www.dromida.com/surface/cars-index.php

Prob shares parts from the 4.18 series off-road RCs.
Looks like it is the Hobbico counterpart to the Traxxas LaTrax Rally.
One thing about Dromida, those puppies can really take a beating yet keep running!

dromida.JPG

What's up! Steve that's Kool that finally at least a onroad car, but im waiting for Arrma 1/10 onroad 4wd car for drift or circuit racing that will be lovely! Ah! and shaft not belt.

I hadn't thought of it before, Arrma doesn't really have any street cars, do they?

When I looked at the Dromida site, pics with body removed, it appeared to be shaft drive.
Red below shows the diffs and shaft cover.

dromida 1.JPG

That's a interesting point; as I was not aware there were RCs using a belt.
Thx.
I trust shaft more than belt too because the life (belt can stretch or crack) shafts can't do either but I wouldn't mind either

Yeah Steve some use up to three belts specially the circuit ones onroad,the only advantage is that by running belts they eliminate a couple of ounces from the car to make it a little lighter. Even with them kevlar belts they still break, shaft is more solid too! you can put tons of power and you know is going to hold! So I have the only you can say Arrma onroad Fury!

I trust shaft more than belt too because the life (belt can stretch or crack) shafts can't do either but I wouldn't mind either
It depends what the belt is made of. My Honda motorcycle had a chain and the steel would stretch. Later, they started using kevlar belts that never stretched and had great longevity.
Harley Davidson's are belt driven.
Plus, in the world of RC, I want performance and longevity is lower on my priority list.
Neither's wrong, it's just in this great big world of RC, there's something for everyone.

Yeah Steve some use up to three belts specially the circuit ones onroad,the only advantage is that by running belts they eliminate a couple of ounces from the car to make it a little lighter. Even with them kevlar belts they still break, shaft is more solid too! you can put tons of power and you know is going to hold! So I have the only you can say Arrma onroad Fury!
To take an off-road RC and make it on-road, here's what I am envisioning:
  • Shocks, need shorter travel, so more spacers and make them stiff
  • Wheels, get better traction, so go smaller dia so the front wheels stay on the ground and do not pop into the air.
  • Gearing, with smaller dia wheels, gear it up for top end
How'd I do?
What did I get backwards? :)

That's pretty much it and little mod on the front shock tower so the body will drop more and yeah once you lower the chassis it will stop looking for air,and to make it a onroad it needs a foam bumper ahhhaha!

I know! So Steve what you think I have been looking for in the net I haven't found yet a arrma onroad so legally I have the only one or the first one in the world! Or that's too much to say!

I know! So Steve what you think I have been looking for in the net I haven't found yet a arrma onroad so legally I have the only one or the first one in the world! Or that's too much to say!

You know, it's a great point @Lor Fury 6s on Arrma not having an on-road RC. Axial is the Hobbico crawler series, Arrma seems to be the basher series and Dromida is the entry level series.
So where's the drift RC? With Dromida being their low end or entry level, this is only going to whet your appetite for more or turn you off.

Ahhaha! Yeah Steve I'm good but it will be a great edition to the arrma line and If they find the way to make the fury raider chassis design 4wd with everything in the center I will bye one quick but yeah I have already three onroad including the fury a 1/8 nitro buggy that I converted to elec onroad 6s and a 1/10 Integy carbon and alum 4wd 4s that I just painted the body for it.

Attachments

• 1470547364591543641560.jpg
    1470547364591543641560.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 44
I hadn't thought of it before, Arrma doesn't really have any street cars, do they?

When I looked at the Dromida site, pics with body removed, it appeared to be shaft drive.
Red below shows the diffs and shaft cover.

View attachment 2270
yes...all the dromida cars are shaft driven...very tough...very quick with aftermarket or factory brushless setup...I have 3 running brushless and 3 rollers in build now...boy wants them all..so guess what. ...done...anything for the kids...on flat ground...not but a tick slower than the nero no doubt..wheelie on demand...always...

yes...all the dromida cars are shaft driven...very tough...very quick with aftermarket or factory brushless setup...I have 3 running brushless and 3 rollers in build now...boy wants them all..so guess what. ...done...anything for the kids...on flat ground...not but a tick slower than the nero no doubt..wheelie on demand...always...

I'm looking forward to a 4.18MT that can wheelie!

Does your boy help with the maintenance?
Boy across the street cracked my 4.18BX pretty bad, so I had him come over, at parents approval, to R&R his damage.
Kid drives with new respect now. Well, sort of... This is RC after all... :cool:

Last edited:
he tries to help some...usually as soon as something goes wrong with it he gets sad cause it's broken...then I have to show him the crap load of parts I have to replace every single thing...cause I have 2 more cars for spares...yeah man...all fun...just doing what I can to keep him interested and involved...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back