Droop screws K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Anyone using droop screws on the K8S?
If so, what part are you using and where the heck do these things screw in?

cheers,
kev

I used m3 x 12 and they go in the two holes on each arm 8 total.
I can post a pic later when I get home if you still need.

If you take the top screw out of the shocks you can get the arms high enough to easily install them. The only ones my local Home Depot has were Phillips head...

E31680DD-5794-4BA8-9FD3-A8B68E9CC512.jpeg
02B27CF7-45AD-4DE2-A5E0-A56EA0A0700B.jpeg
5D57C4CE-D861-4E40-96F5-14898DE994CD.jpeg

And yes I know there is a screw loose on the skid plate. ?

Thx very much Hammer.....great detailed pictures, I may even have some of those in the shed right now.

cheers,
kev

Got them installed and rigged properly me thinks......thx Hammer Down for the droop expose’....
cheers,
kev

Hey guys. Was referred over here by a friendly member about shock fluid weight. I increased the preload about 3mm on all sides from stock and am adding a set of duratrax lockout x to the rig which will add some weight.

i didn’t want to increase preload much more, so I thought I should increase the shock fluid weight.

what are droop screws and how do they work? I’d consider doing the mod, but know nothing about it. Where should I start?

From my understanding droop screws limit the downward travel of the suspension (Shocks). When your truck is airborne you don’t want your shocks fully extended......this can cause broken shock rod ends when you land.
Those small screws you see in the above pics ,......they contact the chassis and “lift” the A-arm slightly so as to always keep a bit of positive pressure on your shocks.

From my understanding droop screws limit the downward travel of the suspension (Shocks). When your truck is airborne you don’t want your shocks fully extended......this can cause broken shock rod ends when you land.
Those small screws you see in the above pics ,......they contact the chassis and “lift” the A-arm slightly so as to always keep a bit of positive pressure on your shocks.

i appreciate the info. I’ll have to take a look at my car and the pics posted in this thread later to see if I understand this enough to make the adjustment

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back