Droop screws on K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C_Fan!

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello there fellow Kraton-heads,

I saw a video on YouTube that recommended a mod where droop screws are installed on the suspension by using the droop screws that are used on the Kraton 6S. Has anyone else tried this and is this mod recommended?

Lastly, if it is recommended, does anyone have a part number or information on where to order them?

Thanks!

Last edited:
These are droop screws used on all my 6S rigs.. Stock are just long sets crews( grub screws) and they gouge out the alloy chassis. (n)

So I replaced all of mine.

DOUBLE SOCKET BUTTON HEAD SCREW M4x10mm (8PCS) (AR727410) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

The domed head is what contacts the Chassis droop ears. Hex drivers can be used at both ends. Like most good droop screws. Easy to adjust from top or bottom.

I also use Avid droop screws. This size droop screw above is used on most any brand 1/8 scale rigs.
I don't know that these are long enough for the 8S rigs. but if you saw it used in a YT video then this is what you need.
I don't have a an 8S rig, but I looked at it closely and always wondered why the stock chassis has "Droop Ears" front and rear, yet no droop screws or even holes in the arms for droop screws. I think droop screws are needed in all Truggy type rigs with alloy chassis. It prevents shock damage and dials in height.
You will have to carefully drill out holes in the the front and rear lower arms precisely where the droop screws will contact the chassis droop ears . The drilling and tapping must me exact for left and right or droop will be uneven. I imagine it is a worthwhile mod for sure. I know if I had an 8s I would do it.
It seems like Arrma had the intent to use droop screws. But only provided the chassis with the Droop ears. Makes no sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
Good luck.
:cool:

They come with droop screw holes already in the arm's, you just have to supply you own screws...

DF981F4C-62DC-426C-B56F-0DB54AA54195.jpeg
3024345D-B288-4D34-887B-0F7AC371C45B.jpeg
C222BB6A-7C85-4334-A5E2-73A40B17149A.jpeg

Pretty sure I used m3x12mm

These are droop screws used on all my 6S rigs.. Stock are just long sets crews( grub screws) and they gouge out the alloy chassis. (n)

So I replaced all of mine.

DOUBLE SOCKET BUTTON HEAD SCREW M4x10mm (8PCS) (AR727410) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

The domed head is what contacts the Chassis droop ears. Hex drivers can be used at both ends. Like most good droop screws. Easy to adjust from top or bottom.

I also use Avid droop screws. This size droop screw above is used on most any brand 1/8 scale rigs.
I don't know that these are long enough for the 8S rigs. but if you saw it used in a YT video then this is what you need.
I don't have a an 8S rig, but I looked at it closely and always wondered why the stock chassis has "Droop Ears" front and rear, yet no droop screws or even holes in the arms for droop screws. I think droop screws are needed in all Truggy type rigs with alloy chassis. It prevents shock damage and dials in height.
You will have to carefully drill out holes in the the front and rear lower arms precisely where the droop screws will contact the chassis droop ears . The drilling and tapping must me exact for left and right or droop will be uneven. I imagine it is a worthwhile mod for sure. I know if I had an 8s I would do it.
It seems like Arrma had the intent to use droop screws. But only provided the chassis with the Droop ears. Makes no sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
Good luck.
:cool:

You were right, these screws are m4x10mm and will only work on the Kraton 6S, what I will need is an m3 screw. The length will depend on if there is a round head or flat, but I am assuming 10mm for round and 12mm for flat.

Can anyone confirm the right length?

I put 10mm button head screws on mine.

Thread is the right length that they stay hidden while being long enough.

Found this thread looking for info on K8 EXB droop screws. Going through new rig last night and noticed no droop screws. So my question is has anyone found an actual "droop screw' that can be adjusted from the top like on my K6 exb?? Or do I use the solution in this thread? Thanks in advance!

Found this thread looking for info on K8 EXB droop screws. Going through new rig last night and noticed no droop screws. So my question is has anyone found an actual "droop screw' that can be adjusted from the top like on my K6 exb?? Or do I use the solution in this thread? Thanks in advance!
AFAIK they don’t make anything specifically for them, you just need to be creative.

So did those horizon hobby TLR double hex button head droop screws above workout length wise on kraton 8s arms? If so I will be ordering those?

I never got them because another 8s owner said he never ran them and had no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back