Kraton Dry rear diff, what would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WD40 is best used Like SrC told.
Spray a little to one smal towell or so. Then afterwipe maybe some parts.

Anyways
Try avoid WD40 because this can collect alot extra dirt also after.

Silicone spray is one good thing to do after you have clean your rig pure.
Silicone is antistatic. Stones and sand goes away from it.

We need one new treath if we start discuss this cleaning stuff also
LOL

Anyways WD40 is better than nothing .

now i need smoke, and sleep.
bye guys

thanks for the advices everyone, i took apart the diff knowing i would clean it. i see that rust and sand impressed everyone haha
got some grease and WD40 to clean everything up

WD is a solvent. Sure it cleans well. Just don't spray it on the rig all over the place. IMO. spray on a cloth rag and wipe is just fine. You can clean parts off the rig well also. But to just spray all over the rig to prevent water damage goes completely against you IMHO. But hey we all have our own habits of what we think works best. I been down that road many years ago. doesn't work for me. Thats all. WD40 is all over the house, everyone has a can somewhere. And cheap, everyone grabs it because it appears to be a do it all spray. But it is not best at doing any one thing best. Great around the house for some things. Yes.
I rather use a citrus degreaser and on metal use Brake solvent spray. to clean my RC parts when they are removed.
There are so many other better products besides WD is what I am saying.

Cool, thanks! That corresponds pretty well to how I use WD40 on my rig. I never spray it everywhere. Thanks !

Better rig management period! Should have never gotten even close to this dirty/rusty or empty with no grease in the housing. Take care of your rig unless you enjoy throwing away cash needlessly.
Make It Rain Reaction GIF

Hello, im a noob.

What would you do if you see this in your rear diff?
- clean and lube, leave it as is
- replace the diff box, clean and lube
- replace everything

And how did it all dry out? i see its my fault, but was it leaking or too much water?

View attachment 114513
spray with wd40 before running in water thats what i do never had any rust on my cars (y)

OK, whats your address?!

Was taking it apart, including all diffs, yesterday, and the whole process took me 3h. I see why you like it guys haha

View attachment 114717
^^^ In the picture above, There's a lot of "labor of love" going on there. :LOL: ^^^Never place your motor in a plastic bag for storage even the ESC...especially if they were wet. water moisture inside will ruin that whole motor can, a stator, bearings and all. You will rust it out beyond good use sooner than later, if not real fast or haven't already.:( Let it air dry. and open it to make sure no water remained. clean and lube bearings. If you just focus on the chassis first and not to the motor last it will fail. You run in the wet so the motor needs more attention. They get bricked easily. Motors cost you. I have run in the wet before. I learned the hard way. I also run Crawlers in wet , snow and mud and streams. Meant to do, but the motors burn out from the water fast. No motor is waterproof, no matter what they say. It cant be, by its design alone.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back