DS3235 35kg servo just got a Pro upgrade, more power!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is the place to shim. (y)
Yeah the Servo just needs a few mm of rise OFF the chassis, so it floats. Touching the chassis is NG.
If you have an old "Ball" lying around, that works. Best.
Washers also should work.
Just needs to be level to the naked eye at the very least. Patience can get it perfectly level however.
Extreme angle negates effective ST torque transfer. That's why the link should be level to the Bellcrank:cool:.

Yes that is the place to shim. (y)
Yeah the Servo just needs a few mm of rise OFF the chassis, so it floats. Touching the chassis is NG.
If you have an old "Ball" lying around, that works. Best.
Washers also should work.
Just needs to be level to the naked eye at the very least. Patience can get it perfectly level however.
Extreme angle negates effective ST torque transfer. That's why the link should be level to the Bellcrank:cool:.

So the 'pro' servo is too tall for a Typhon 6S.

ANNIMOS 35kg high Torque Coreless Motor servo
40 x 20 x 38.5 mm ( 1.58 x 0.79 x 1.50 in )

ZOSKAY RC Servo 35kg PRO Coreless Motor servo
40 x 20 x 40.5mm ( 1.58 x 0.79 x 1.60 in )

Non-pro on top. Its fits a 6S
pro on the bottom is too tall.
IMG_2055.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg

IMG_2057.jpeg

And BTW, the cheaper 25KG is even taller than the 35kg Pro model so that wont fit either.
The left (blue) is the 35k Pro model.
IMG_2058.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, the servo is as low as it can go and its exactly in the same place as the old one. Arrma uses that ball joints on the arm to make up the difference in height but the replacement doesn't. ??

Spacer/shim here?

View attachment 222746
Correct, shim there had the same thing:

1654897613841.png
1654897633990.png

Good observation between these two servos.
That aside, leads me to believe/assume that the Pro Version has a Longer/larger different Motor.:unsure:

Good observation between these two servos.
That aside, leads me to believe/assume that the Pro Version has a Longer/larger different Motor.:unsure:
With the pro version the servo mount would not touch bottom. With the non-pro you can slip a piece a paper in-between. 2 mm made all the difference.

The noticiable difference between the 35kg and pro version is zero. Both feel as strong and equally Fast.
The 25kg red one is definitely slower but its still faster and stronger than the stock servo.

I had a 35k non-pro in my 3S that I put in the 6S today. I put a 25kg red i had in the 3S for now but its actually just fine.

The steering is smoother with the new servo arm level in the 6S.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that regarding the Pro.:cool:
Taller cased servos still need to be shimmed. And then ultimatley the Servo link needs to be raised at the Belcrank.
Many "Standard Size" servos vary in dimensional height.
Looks like the Pro has a longer motor, sits taller. The middle alloy case is longer. Motors sit snugly within the alloy section to remain cool. Motor size height determine a servo's Height. I disect Servos alot.

Last edited:
I just installed the pro in my 3s Senton. I have the non-pro in my other rigs. I'm no expert and def don't have the experience as most on here, but to me it seems the pro is a little tighter/stronger, more responsive and I don't know if it's the servo or not, but the Senton can do donuts on a dime! My other 3s rigs are wider donuts.

Yes, it is a little bigger than non-pro one, but fit the Senton with no issues.

Yea, I learned super quick over the past few weeks that those aftermarket HR & PH arms suck and to stick with stock when you can. (y)

Nothing to throw a parade for, but seems like a slight upgrade imo. 😁
20220618_105955.jpg
20220618_110042.jpg

Myself and a lot of others use the DS3235 Amazon 35kg servo for many 6S rigs and 3S if you like. Some don't like it I get it.

Troy just posted this below the new PRO version ups the kg. Not bad still for $7 difference. Not that I believe you are getting the full kg but it does get you closer to a true 35kg if that is your goal

Standard 35kg servo: Standard
PRO 35kg servo: Pro

I plugged it in after the non pro version died. Hit one jump at skatepark. Cement to dirt. Gears were bound and started smoking be weary of this if you bash hard. The upside is you can return and get a new one maybe I was cursed I don’t know? Good post brother!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back