DS3235 problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Not sure if anyone can explain this or if I was buying from a shady Amazon seller. After putting the DS3235 in my Senton 3S and being more than satisfied with its performance, I bought one for the Senton 6S. It handled just as good, yet stopped working once I upgraded ESC to HW Max6. No biggie, ordered another and just assumed it was one of those things that just happen. New one came in, and I installed it and set endpoints. All was good until it's first run. Performed sluggishly until it just stopped. Ordered another and returned the second. And had the EXACT same result. This is not a gear issue, it's simply not working at all.
So, I returned it and decided to go a completely different route. Bought a JX Servo Ecoboost CLS6336HV 180° 35KG. Now this one held up and performed better than the DS3235. Only drawback is it doesn't advertise as being waterproof. No biggie, just gotta seal it.
So my real question is, is there any way the HW Max6 burned out the 3 DS3235's in a row? They advertise as high voltage and until the Max6, I had zero issues with it. The third one was bought from a different seller although spec-wise it was exactly the same.

DS3235 is rated for 6v maximum, if you gave it 7.4v. The advertiser 'high voltage' claim is probably that it can handle more than 5v
Nice piece of info right there. I think I might have creeped my MMX8S up to 5.5. I'll back it off when I get home. Was more worried about the three fans I'm running, but they seemed to do fine at 5v.

I had one of these same servos from another "brand" and mine died a slow death. It eventually stopped responding. I ran it at 6V.

DS3235 is rated for 6v maximum, if you gave it 7.4v. The advertiser 'high voltage' claim is probably that it can handle more than 5v
This is exactly what I did. I guess I just figured I was getting full use at 7.4v. Not saying you are wrong as it makes sense, but here is what seller listed as specs for DS3235:
Screenshot_20210419-172142_Amazon Shopping.jpg

So far, the Ecoboost is holding up fine and it's specs are listed as:
Screenshot_20210419-172500_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Kind of funny, if you google "DS3235 servo" and look at various sites, you will see the voltage range differ, one site contradicts itself!
https://www.robotdigg.com/product/1...Kg-Metal-Steering-Gear-High-Torque-Waterproof

Specs say 4.8-6.6v and the description says up to 2S/8.4V.

Good to know though, I was going to add that one to my "try some day" list if/when my hobbystar HCS-4521wp's die. I run those on 7.2V (max6 maximum voltage).

Kind of funny, if you google "DS3235 servo" and look at various sites, you will see the voltage range differ, one site contradicts itself!
https://www.robotdigg.com/product/1...Kg-Metal-Steering-Gear-High-Torque-Waterproof

Specs say 4.8-6.6v and the description says up to 2S/8.4V.

Good to know though, I was going to add that one to my "try some day" list if/when my hobbystar HCS-4521wp's die. I run those on 7.2V (max6 maximum voltage).
Now that you mention that, I clicked on a few other sellers of DS3235. RESULTS:
Screenshot_20210419-190517_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210419-190459_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210419-190417_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210419-190153_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210419-172724_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Seems like the sellers have no idea what the actual specifications are of that servo.
And we learn new stuff everyday. I was surprised at the discrepancies within the specs of the same version DS3235 from seller to seller because I bought it 6 times and never noticed. I still think it's good and would recommend, just not with certain ESCs like Max 6. It did do well on BLX100 and BLX185. Based on the average of these specs, I'd go with rotaug's answer and keep it 6v or lower.

Did great on my V5 K6S until I landed a front flip and bricked it. I got the ANNIMOS one for reference. Oh well, for the heights and abuse I was giving it I can't be surprised. For the price I will get 1 more from Amazon and then order a bunch from banggood (courtesy of @jkflow) at ~15 bucks a pop. I can eat through 10 of them before nearing the price of a fancy one that'll brick just the same through enough abuse.

Did great on my V5 K6S until I landed a front flip and bricked it. I got the ANNIMOS one for reference. Oh well, for the heights and abuse I was giving it I can't be surprised. For the price I will get 1 more from Amazon and then order a bunch from banggood (courtesy of @jkflow) at ~15 bucks a pop. I can eat through 10 of them before nearing the price of a fancy one that'll brick just the same through enough abuse.
That's how I ended up so many of the DS3225s Banggood had a 4 pack for like $45 so I was like hell yeah.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back