Dsservo pro 35kg round 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Amazon Dsservo 35kg pro servo…the title of the post lol
lol...I was sitting here thinking we shouldn't bother as in trying to troubleshoot or tell you "No, that's a great servo!" and other such nonsense. But yeah, good shout. I solemnly swear not to bother with a servo that failed you twice. Now you have even more of my word.

I see a fair few of these servos getting around in various online stores. Is it a case of some legit ones and a bunch of fakes amongst the mix??I have had a good run so far, but you never know.

The same with 60A ESCs, plenty of fake ones where some work for ages and others fail almost instantly.

I have one, it’s nothing to fawn over but it does the job well. It has the torque to move the tires from a standstill, and it has much more durable gears. I probably would want a better servo for an on road car because it doesn’t center great, but it’s good enough for a basher! Great use of $30, for a lot more reliability. Sorry yours burnt.

I see a fair few of these servos getting around in various online stores. Is it a case of some legit ones and a bunch of fakes amongst the mix??I have had a good run so far, but you never know.

The same with 60A ESCs, plenty of fake ones where some work for ages and others fail almost instantly.
I have no idea but the non pro ones I’ve used before this have worked longer than the pro version so far.
I have one, it’s nothing to fawn over but it does the job well. It has the torque to move the tires from a standstill, and it has much more durable gears. I probably would want a better servo for an on road car because it doesn’t center great, but it’s good enough for a basher! Great use of $30, for a lot more reliability. Sorry yours burnt.
Yea I’ve used the non pro and pro. Maybe it was a bunk model. I’ll update with result this afternoon around 3pm pst. Thanks!

Hello all,
Servo has survived the skatepark! However occasionally when I was at a dead stop and turned right and let go of steering wheel it would stay turned right and make a faint humming/buzzing sound. Tomorrow is desert bash in Palm Springs. Rough rocky shizz we shall see if she flat out dies

Hello all,
Servo has survived the skatepark! However occasionally when I was at a dead stop and turned right and let go of steering wheel it would stay turned right and make a faint humming/buzzing sound. Tomorrow is desert bash in Palm Springs. Rough rocky shizz we shall see if she flat out dies
Awesome, thanks for the update! I hope it goes well tomorrow.

I will admit this is a bit disconcerting, one practically DOA (5 minutes), and the second acting a bit iffy after a few uses. But thank you for sharing your experience. Because the Pro is/was on my short list of upgrade options.

Awesome, thanks for the update! I hope it goes well tomorrow.

I will admit this is a bit disconcerting, one practically DOA (5 minutes), and the second acting a bit iffy after a few uses. But thank you for sharing your experience. Because the Pro is/was on my short list of upgrade options.
No problem brother! The reason I’m doing this is because everyone on yt praises this servo like its gods creation and I’m thinking either A. They got it for free or B. They are being paid to say that. I want people to know the truth that’s what I care about solely so people won’t be disappointed. I’m doing a night street run tonight and will update

People like the servo only because it's cheap and decent. No one thinks it's super amazing or anything and you get what you pay for. I have many of the non pro versions and 1 pro. I've had a few non pro die on me and my pro one has been in my talion xl for a while now with zero problems.

With that said I'd never buy them again. Hobby star servos are brushless and go on sale a lot which makes them just a few dollars more. The performance gap is big though. Better centering and much stronger and faster.

https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/hobb...speed-digital-brushless-waterproof-servo.html

I'd pick this even if not on sale because it poop all over the Amazon special.

People like the servo only because it's cheap and decent. No one thinks it's super amazing or anything and you get what you pay for. I have many of the non pro versions and 1 pro. I've had a few non pro die on me and my pro one has been in my talion xl for a while now with zero problems.

With that said I'd never buy them again. Hobby star servos are brushless and go on sale a lot which makes them just a few dollars more. The performance gap is big though. Better centering and much stronger and faster.

https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/hobb...speed-digital-brushless-waterproof-servo.html

This is true, but there are no videos where they say this died after 5 minutes or one jump to concrete killed it. I don’t want people misled thinking this is a legit servo. And yea hobby star is legit. I like the smoothness of it overall and probably what I’ll use after this one dies as after run 2 cement to dirt landing is already making noises. Today around 4pm pst I’ll desert bash and see if it dies on run 3. Stay tuned!

I've heard nothing but good things about those Hobby Star servos.

This is true, but there are no videos where they say this died after 5 minutes or one jump to concrete killed it. I don’t want people misled thinking this is a legit servo. And yea hobby star is legit. I like the smoothness of it overall and probably what I’ll use after this one dies as after run 2 cement to dirt landing is already making noises. Today around 4pm pst I’ll desert bash and see if it dies on run 3. Stay tuned!
Do you have enough space between your servo and the bottom of the chassis? I was breaking a lot of those servos before I realized I needed some type of spacer to make sure the servo is raised high enough.

If there isn't enough room, the chassis flex just beats them up. I've even had some crack on the bottom. Now that I think about it. I haven't had a single problem since I've started doing that to every servo and I land on concrete sometimes too.
I've heard nothing but good things about those Hobby Star servos.
They really are amazing for the price. I wish i knew about them sooner because now I have like 15 Amazon servos in my rigs but I don't want to replace them when they still work. If they ever go out on me it's all hobby star from then on 🤣

The biggest improvement imo is the centering. It makes such a nice difference!

They really are amazing for the price. I wish i knew about them sooner because now I have like 15 Amazon servos in my rigs but I don't want to replace them when they still work. If they ever go out on me it's all hobby star from then on 🤣

The biggest improvement imo is the centering. It makes such a nice difference!
How do the HobbyStar compare to the Aliexpress GX servo you mentioned the other day, in your XRT? For the GX, did you buy the 50kg or the 80kg, and what voltage are you running it at? Thanks.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804094242829.html
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...what’s-people’s-preference.59657/#post-885696

How do the HobbyStar compare to the Aliexpress GX servo you mentioned the other day, in your XRT? For the GX, did you buy the 50kg or the 80kg, and what voltage are you running it at? Thanks.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804094242829.html
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/servos-brushed-vs-coreless-vs-brushless-what’s-people’s-preference.59657/#post-885696
This is a hard one, I still haven't tested the durability of the gx. I ordered the 80kg and running it at 7.4 on a max 5. I think the HobbyStar I have is faster and might return to center a little bit better. The gx job is a helluva lot harder though since I'm using it for 1/5th scale tires. It does the job good and if it survives a trip to the bmx spot I'm ordering more. For smaller rigs I'd pick the hobby star.

https://www.rcjuice.com/sale/hobbys...speed-digital-brushless-waterproof-servo.html

I just put that in my new typhon build and it feels super quick to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back