Dsservo pro 35kg round 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have enough space between your servo and the bottom of the chassis? I was breaking a lot of those servos before I realized I needed some type of spacer to make sure the servo is raised high enough.

If there isn't enough room, the chassis flex just beats them up. I've even had some crack on the bottom. Now that I think about it. I haven't had a single problem since I've started doing that to every servo and I land on concrete sometimes too.

They really are amazing for the price. I wish i knew about them sooner because now I have like 15 Amazon servos in my rigs but I don't want to replace them when they still work. If they ever go out on me it's all hobby star from then on 🤣

The biggest improvement imo is the centering. It makes such a nice difference!
Yes I do make sure the space is filled. I usually cut a piece of sponge and 3m tape it to the chassis. That’s worked best so far. Yes the flex can be super core on concrete landings

Personally idk why everyone likes the DS3235 so much. I purchased a non pro and a pro because they were so highly rated. As previously noted, these servos are not particularly fast or strong and their specs seem grossly inflated. The worst thing about these servos is they NEVER seem to center correctly.

Saying they’re a great value is like saying McDonald’s is a great value. They’re both just cheap and you get what you pay for.

It really amazes me that people will spend so much money on their cars only to buy a cheap servo.

Personally idk why everyone likes the DS3235 so much. I purchased a non pro and a pro because they were so highly rated. As previously noted, these servos are not particularly fast or strong and their specs seem grossly inflated. The worst thing about these servos is they NEVER seem to center correctly.

Saying they’re a great value is like saying McDonald’s is a great value. They’re both just cheap and you get what you pay for.

It really amazes me that people will spend so much money on their cars only to buy a cheap servo.
I think it's because most people here are bashers and when you're sending a kraton or an outcast it doesn't really matter that much to most people. I also think a part of it is probably the simple fact that many people don't know any better. I'd still be using those amazon servos thinking they were good enough if I never took a random chance on the hobbystar.

You don't know how bad it is until you try something good :ROFLMAO:

Yo,
I burned the 1st servo after one run. 5 mins of medium bashing to dirt. I installed the replacement Amazon sent out tonight and will perform the same test tomorrow. If it fails I want all y’all to know not to bother.
Set those end points too!! (y)

I feel like servo's are the most hit or miss RC part around... Even when properly setup you could have stock S651/S652's last, and the next couple die on you..... Poor QA/QC?

Last edited:
I think it's because most people here are bashers and when you're sending a kraton or an outcast it doesn't really matter that much to most people. I also think a part of it is probably the simple fact that many people don't know any better. I'd still be using those amazon servos thinking they were good enough if I never took a random chance on the hobbystar.

You don't know how bad it is until you try something good :ROFLMAO:

Plus (only guessing, based on what I've read), it sounds like most stock servos are kinda bad. So even if you get a servo that's not anything special, it may still be Better, and that counts for something.

I'm considering an upgrade, and was very tempted by the 3235 Pro, but am now leaning towards spending a little more (if I actually change out my servo), to try and get something better.

"you don't know bad until you try something good" is definitely true. And trying something good can also be expensive :) As we learned the first time we demo'd good downhill skis. And suddenly discovered how much our skis kinda sucked. Then started $hopping.

Bummer! But thank you for letting us know. I'm sure they're not all bad, otherwise people here wouldn't be using them. But maybe the QC isn't very consistent, and perhaps they have too many bad-batches.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back