Outcast Dual Lipo's that fit the outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xplatinum

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here :)

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Outcast but I can't figure out which lipos will fit the dimensions of the truck. I'm looking for good budget lipos like the SMCs. All I find is ~37mm in height which comes to 74mm total and the truck accomodates 70mm maximum. To get a smaller height I need to resort to ~4000mAH batteries. I was aiming at dual 3S 7200mAH for great runtime.

Thoughts? This is my second RC vehicule. First one was an e-revo brushless that I sold a couple years ago.

/edit : I'm also looking for a charger. I looked at the lipo charger calculators out there and I get "Charger Power Required: 181.44 Watts". But most chargers I've seen are around 60W-100W range. I'm probably not understanding all this correctly.

Number of Cells in Series(?): 3 Cells (3S)
Battery Type (?): LiPo
Capacity (?): 7200 mAh
Desired "C" Charge Rate (?): 1C
Number of Packs in Parallel (?): 2 Batteries

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
You might have to reduce your target capacity to 6000 or 5500 mAh. MaxAmps 5450-mAh packs will fit, for example.

If you want to charge at 1C, then you just need a charger capable of 7.2 amperes (for 7.2-Ah batteries) or 5.5 amps (for 5.5-Ah batts). If your charger is capable of 6s charging, you can charge the batteries in series. You can also charge two (or more) 3s batteries in parallel, but you'll need two times (or more) the current to do it in the same time.

The higher mm SMC batteries fit fine. Here is a picture of 2 of the 7200mAh 3s batteries in my outcast ( 52112-3S2P)

Just to add, I was worried about the 74mm as well, but luckily, my LHS stocks SMC batteries so I was able to test fit.

IMG_0677.JPG

The higher mm SMC batteries fit fine. Here is a picture of 2 of the 7200mAh 3s batteries in my outcast ( 52112-3S2P)

Just to add, I was worried about the 74mm as well, but luckily, my LHS stocks SMC batteries so I was able to test fit.
Thanks that's reassuring. Now I just need to figure out how to get myself the appropriate charger.

the little cap is up a little higher than arrma intended, but it still clamps the batts down nice and securely.

For chargers, I use a venom pro duo

Tsimonster, did you measure the SMC batteries? Are they actually 37 mm thick?

I have the smc 6000mah and the spc 7200mah. Yes they will fit with effort but...I find myself using my 5000mah Florian batteries. They are smaller and lighter so I find better performance. Forgot to charge florians and took smc to skate park...truck felt like a brick and the batteries fell out. I mainly use the above mentioned batteries in my Nero. Just a different perspective to think about.

I have the smc 6000mah and the spc 7200mah. Yes they will fit with effort but...I find myself using my 5000mah Florian batteries. They are smaller and lighter so I find better performance. Forgot to charge florians and took smc to skate park...truck felt like a brick and the batteries fell out. I mainly use the above mentioned batteries in my Nero. Just a different perspective to think about.
How much runtime are you getting with the 2x5000mah? 3S I'm assuming?

My 2 SMC 7200 fit fine. But I have been running 2 power hobbies 5200 75c, lighter and run time is pretty good.

Depends on how you run them..I can get 20min+ full throttle all the time, or 2hrs if its zip it around, do some wheelies and a backflip then set it down and have a sip of your favorite cold beverage. Pick up a few minutes later and repeat. The others are great batteries...I just personally prefer the reduced weight.

Yes 2X 3S

FYI
Florian 5500 14.3 oz
SMC 1lb .07oz
SPC. 1lb .12oz

That 1/4lb sure feels a lot heavier

Could just go with a single pack hard case...
gensacearespammers makes a 4S, 7200mAh 70C, Bego Racing sells them.
Or if you prefer SMC there many single pack configurations available..be it 4S, or 6S.
I get a little over 20 mins of full throttle with my single pack 4S SMC, 60C, 6500mAh.

True...but the heaps of torque the 2050KV motor puts out seems to combat that.
Now...if you are looking for double backflips than sure, maybe a little more weight will impact the overall ease of control once airborne...but on 6S there is so much power from what's I hear it's pretty much a moot point!
The added weight may actually serve to keep a things a little more in 'check'.

Could just go with a single pack hard case...
gensacearespammers makes a 4S, 7200mAh 70C, Bego Racing sells them.
Or if you prefer SMC there many single pack configurations available..be it 4S, or 6S.
I get a little over 20 mins of full throttle with my single pack 4S SMC, 60C, 6500mAh.

Sorry first time quoting....but 5s is also a choice with Outcast....I think

Quote looked different before posting

Single pack 5s

Sorry first time quoting....but 5s is also a choice with Outcast....I think

Quote looked different before posting

Single pack 5s

Don't think so...ESC is not rated for 5S capability for some reason.
I wish it were, 5S would be perfect I think.

Don't think so...ESC is not rated for 5S capability for some reason.
I wish it were, 5S would be perfect I think.
I know it doesn't say anything about 5s but I know I have seen people running it in the BLX 185 system. 3s isn't mentioned either but I have run my outcast around on 3s in the shop.

IMG_0677.JPG

That SMC part number is for 5200 mah 3s packs, not 7200. Are you sure that you are running a pair of 3s 7200mah packs?

That SMC part number is for 5200 mah 3s packs, not 7200. Are you sure that you are running a pair of 3s 7200mah packs?

I run a set of SMC 7200 in an Outcast battery tray. There is a little lip the limits the top slider from going higher. Just push in the front of the top slider in to make it past the lip and you can fit the pair in. The top strap will hold everything in place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back