Dual lock Velcro for reciver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobrainer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon Mega
I wanted to replace my servo/receiver tray/box on my Typhon 3s (screws keep coming out of tray). I was wondering if y’all would think the dual lock velcro (like the stuff on the tollway recivers - iPass, SunPass, etc) would be strong enough to hold it in Or be ‘low’ enough for it to fit in the box?

I also use velcro. Don't no if its 3M.

Velcro here also👍. Previously used double sided tape, which was too strong and removing it was a pain in the
faceplant sliding GIF

I crashed a car at 100mph today with the body, esc and batteries on just 3M dual lock. That enough proof?
For stuff you frequently need to remove, you can even rough it up so it let's go easier. But for a receiver that should not be the case.

Regular "clothing" velco definately doesn't hold on impact.

Not sure if this matters but TQI and AVC receivers have a gyro in them. They may need to stay perfectly put to work? (No movement at all?) Maybe not though, just throwing it out there.

Not sure if this matters but TQI and AVC receivers have a gyro in them. They may need to stay perfectly put to work? (No movement at all?) Maybe not though, just throwing it out there.
Under normal conditions they aren't going to move at all. You need a reall heavy crash for them to move or come undone. On my Limitless i need to use a really big flat head screw driver to pry the esc up to take it out of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back