Dual motor build: Y connector for ESCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey
I am planning on doing a dual motor build with x2 xlx2

Using a Y connector to connect both ESCs to receiver

But I am abit confused on the wiring setup
I need to cut a wire on one of the cables that go to one of the escs? Is this correct and which one do I cut?
Any info would be greatly appreciated

0ECE4A6F-7C3A-4EBE-863D-B1C307D3DC40.jpeg

You need to remove the red wire going to one of the ESCs. This is so that you don't have both ESCs trying to power the same line.

That lead should be fine but your receiver may not take Futaba plugs in which case you'll need to cut or file the tab off the side of the plug.

You need to remove the red wire going to one of the ESCs. This is so that you don't have both ESCs trying to power the same line.

That lead should be fine but your receiver may not take Futaba plugs in which case you'll need to cut or file the tab off the side of the plug.
So you just snip one red wire and that’s it?

I know im late, but the red wire that is connected to the ESC or the red wire in the harness?

I’m starting to research dual motor builds and did not know about any wire needing to be cut. The picture below is my simple test setup with two stock Specktrum esc’s connected to two 2050 KV motors, with each ESC on 6s. Both are connected to a Y cable going to the receiver, but no red wire was cut to either of the esc’s. Both esc’s work great, and both motors do exactly the same thing at the same time. I can turn on either ESC first, and it doesn’t make a difference. If I put this in a car it seems like it would work great.. What am I missing here, should this not be working?

AC2860CC-3419-4876-988D-577431ADA715.jpeg

Back