Limitless Dual Motor Limitless tp motors scorched full length chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one on the top left is a 2028.
Oh Really? Man shows how much he likes his 40mm cans, awesome.
making sure it want that new hobbywing.

How does that sound right? the TP100 is 100mm but you're saying 58mm, but it sounds right?
If they were all 56mm or 58mm, that would mean it would have to be larger, 70 or 100mm
if they are all 40mm a 2028 makes sense

Update:
Scorched bulkheads install happening, should be a great upgrade.
The bulkhead come with a small machined spacer for use with a 8x16x5 bearing(same as hobao) but I also bought a handful of 5x16x5 bearings as well.

Also may or may not be upgrading motors on this build with something a little more powerful. The 4070’s I ran in this served me soooo well especially for 150$ motors showing they can reach 190+.

0FE20616-52A1-4A2B-8232-F26E5140B415.jpeg

8FA76C5D-2155-47A2-A2CD-F2EDC31BE486.jpeg

C1D9A197-EA90-4960-B992-4E93B42488A6.jpeg

Update:
Scorched bulkheads install happening, should be a great upgrade.
The bulkhead come with a small machined spacer for use with a 8x16x5 bearing(same as hobao) but I also bought a handful of 5x16x5 bearings as well.

Also may or may not be upgrading motors on this build with something a little more powerful. The 4070’s I ran in this served me soooo well especially for 150$ motors showing they can reach 190+.

View attachment 275153
View attachment 275154
View attachment 275155
Awesome!! Can’t wait to see you back out running!! I’m seriously thinking about throwing those on the new build. Those huge bearings are just too good to pass up. Plus I already have the trident.

Awesome!! Can’t wait to see you back out running!! I’m seriously thinking about throwing those on the new build. Those huge bearings are just too good to pass up. Plus I already have the trident.
I am confident in throwing 8s in this car for next year again to shoot for 200+ with a limitless platform. The trident shaft made a noticeable difference plus these I think they’ll be bulletproof

I’m fairly certain there’s more guys building the hobao’s this coming season. And although I do feel they are a better car to build I want the limitless to get 200+ as well

I am confident in throwing 8s in this car for next year again to shoot for 200+ with a limitless platform.

I’m fairly certain there’s more guys building the hobao’s this coming season. And although I do feel they are a better car to build I want the limitless to get 200+ as well
You'll get there. For sure. Hey when you get a chance let me know how you like the bearings you bought vs using the spacer. That seems like a better idea to me. Figured the actual balls would be bigger, which is better. Yes I know there's a joke there but that's the best way I could ask.

Awesome products again from scorched!
I wonder how the longevity of the bearing improves. 3 runs at 190+ versus 1-2 max before?
Time will tell soon enough...
Hard to say so far; I know a lot changes from 170’s to 190+ but my first hobao build probably has 20+ 170 mph passes on the original bearings. I’m hoping mainly just not to have to worry about the failure as much, it was always in my head when running the car

What makes you say that? I'm looking at my first platform atm and I'm deciding between the two.
Taking the limitless roller and hobao slider side by side,
Limitless requires additional parts to run a gt body where as the hobao is pretty much setup for it,
The limitless stock has the bearing issues and weak center driveshafts where as the hobao runs 8x16x5 input bearings And the stock driveshafts held up to my 181mph single motor pass plus about 10- 170-180 mph passes without issue, the limitless shafts would have shot out of there by then.

The hobao stock is about 3 lbs lighter,
Add a carbon option hobao chassis and can save even more weight:
Both of my single motor vte2s weigh under 9lbs without batteries.
Stock limitless roller without motor or esc is 12lb.

Even the stock hobao spool has held up to my 181mph pass.
If I had to criticize anything on the vte2 it’s a bit of slop on the steering joints that are hard to remove. I’ve already talked to scorched about it and something will be released for that to be fixed.

I’ve already talked to scorched about it and something will be released for that to be fixed.
Beautiful, man. And seriously, is there another purveyor out there who responds to intelligent, real-world suggestions? Thanks to you for recommending a solution to an issue, and thanks to David at Scorched for listening. Pretty impressive, man.

Beautiful, man. And seriously, is there another purveyor out there who responds to intelligent, real-world suggestions? Thanks to you for recommending a solution to an issue, and thanks to David at Scorched for listening. Pretty impressive, man.
David really is a good dude. I talked to him about making some steering and rear camber turnbuckles since stock has slop and the only aftermarket available is GPM. The GPM’s have been working for me but it’s still GPM. He said it’s an issue that’s been bothering him and that he was going to try to figure something out.

David really is a good dude. I talked to him about making some steering and rear camber turnbuckles since stock has slop and the only aftermarket available is GPM. The GPM’s have been working for me but it’s still GPM. He said it’s an issue that’s been bothering him and that he was going to try to figure something out.
Yeah, I got the GPM’s for a new build and was a little surprised how “chunky” they were. Scorched could certainly build a better mousetrap here. Too bad the stock ones wear so quickly. When brand new mine were nice and tight, and light.
I also like the fact that David doesn’t just knock out a new product that’s just another version of the same thing offered by others. He typically engineers real solutions to issues and builds a better product.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back