Infraction Dual motor setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrariv12

Reaction score
Looking for info on twin motor setups. Info on how you are connecting to receiver and how you all run your batteries(like one to each or some harness to split the power. And sorry if someone has already asked this. And I’ve done many rc cars and boats and even a plane or two but never a twin motor car(twin nitro I have but no complications there)

What is the goal?
Here is they WHY behind that question. There has never been a dual motor car that went faster than a single motor.
**** Edit summer 2022 this is not true anymore ***

If you want to do it just for fun.... then by all means have at it. Just want to point you in the correct direction before you purchase lots of electronics that may not be what you need for the end goal.

I would recommend looking at Raz Shifrims build videos of his speed car. Those should get you started, although I am not sure if he mentions the radio/RX setup which is the hard part.

I am sure some others will chime in with useful info.

Last edited:
Ya just for fun. I already done the 2028 and the 1717 and now just want to possibly do the twin no it won’t be faster than what I COULD gear a 2028 to do or a 1717 but it sure looks cool and would pull any gearing I want without too much worry even at 1650kv. And it’s not exactly a infraction it’s a infraction chassis built with Mojave suspension that I like to drop down for drags and raise back up for off-roading but I’m building this one better as my last one would go airborn at about 70. But I’m just trying to see if anyone has some input about the battery setup cause I know in the zelos they are together so that when any of the cells gets low it shuts down both as to not mess anything up

What is the goal?
Here is they WHY behind that question. There has never been a dual motor car that went faster than a single motor.

If you want to do it just for fun.... then by all means have at it. Just want to point you in the correct direction before you purchase lots of electronics that may not be what you need for the end goal.

I would recommend looking at Raz Shifrims build videos of his speed car. Those should get you started, although I am not sure if he mentions the radio/RX setup which is the hard part.

I am sure some others will chime in with useful info.
I'm sure you've seen the video of the guy that attached two electric jet props to the side of his Limitless. It looked cool, but I looked up the engine and it's power capabilities were way lower than the smallest 1/7 motor you can find. I was rated at 71mph. You can't make a car travel faster by adding another motor and you certainly won't make it go faster by attaching a set of electric fan jets. You know, depending on the weight of the darn fans, the car may just go slower!

if it's all about "would pull any gearing I want without too much worry even at 1650kv" keep the gp4 diffs in and get yourself a 39 or larger spur gear. If dragging and off-roading is you aim, you don't need that high of a top speed anyways.

But if you really want to go dual, keep a separate battery setup per esc and cut down power to the receiver from 1 esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back