Granite Dual Slipper Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
For anyone interested, this is how I made my slipper clutch.

Parts:
AR310782
C1DB1315-8D02-40F4-85A9-AE51E0A3F77F.jpeg

Slipper hub
E5670666-0862-4989-B115-FF291263369E.jpeg

Slipper pad

D164A91E-456E-4A77-9BA8-F6AC40DD0949.jpeg

That’s all you need. The rest is dremmel work. First I cut down the stock spaces to the exact width of the bearing.

D5E2C9EB-430D-470A-AA74-C8542D7C97C2.jpeg

Next I modified the second slipper hub (not the original). This is the trial and error part. I modified both sides.

D81DDDD1-23DB-40C4-A7E8-79EEEDE0706C.jpeg
6D5A7339-980F-408C-A3ED-93E418152DEB.jpeg

Once that is done you take the shaft and put the cut down stock spacer and bearing on. Then the modified slipper hub. Then a slipper pad, followed by the spur. Add another slipper pad and the stock slipper hub. Put the pin in and fit it all together. Add the spring and the nut and boom. You’re done.

C8297D84-DFD6-4209-B23C-0F4EAB9287AD.jpeg

I'm almost following you. I'm assuming it's a dual slipper mod with two hubs that have been cut down? A side view of the completed slipper assembly would be good. Also, what vehicle is that spur from?

I'm seriously contemplating doing this mod.

I'm almost following you. I'm assuming it's a dual slipper mod with two hubs that have been cut down? A side view of the completed slipper assembly would be good. Also, what vehicle is that spur from?

Let me see if I can find a picture. I didn’t take one this time. My bad. Oh, only one hub gets modified.

Are you able to see the pictures I posted? I’m not sure what vehicle the spur comes from. I tried a few and this one is definitely the best because you don’t have to drill out the center nor do you need to fit it with a spacer. It’s good to go as is. I found the first one in a parts bin at my LHS. I was then able to find a few more on Amazon. Let me know if you do the mod. I’m sure it will look better than my hacked up mess!

These all showed up as links, and when I click on them I get -

"ARRMA RC Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Ok. I’ll get it sorted.

These all showed up as links, and when I click on them I get -

"ARRMA RC Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I edited the post with the links. There are pictures now.

I edited the post with the links. There are pictures now.
You, my friend, are the best. Thank you. If I get all these mods done, I can cancel the preorder on the 3s 4x4 and put that money towards something else... Nah. I never heard anyone say they had regrets about getting too many toys in their life.

You, my friend, are the best. Thank you. If I get all these mods done, I can cancel the preorder on the 3s 4x4 and put that money towards something else... Nah. I never heard anyone say they had regrets about getting too many toys in their life.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I pretty much have a more powerful BLX Granite right now. The only thing missing is the rear turnbuckles and the motor mount/slipper which I don’t need. But I’ll probably get it anyway too, lol.

I wonder what the difference between the spur you used AR310782 and the new BLX spur AR310879 is?

I wonder what the difference between the spur you used AR310782 and the new BLX spur AR310879 is?

Without having one on hand, I couldn’t tell. The most important thing is the hole in the center. That needs to be the same otherwise you are either drilling or adding spacers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back