Dual stage foams - how to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
How do I get this foam inside this tire?

20190130_145013.jpg

The reason I was wondering is because on the Proline website the 1.9 dual stage foams are listed as fitting the 1.9 Hyrax but the 2.2 dual stage foams are listed as fitting the Super Swampers XL, Flat Iron XL and "other XL size tires". It does not list the 2.2 Hyrax as being compatible with it. I'm guessing for this very reason. You may be able to trim the foam down to get it to fit though.

@bicketybam I'm happy that they will work for the 2.2 Hyrax tires. I just noticed that they weren't listed on the proline website for some reason. I almost bought the dual foams for my 1.9" tires but I had a hard time with the $40 for them when the tires were $50. Who knows, maybe I'll buy the foams next month for them. :)

@Jerry-rigged I've always loved the looks of the Hyrax tires and I actually just got a set of 1.9" Hyrax Predators for my SCX10.2 that I'm looking forward to trying out.

That style of racing looks like it would be a ton of fun.

But now I am wondering how those tires would look on my SCT bug... running 2.2 mt badlands now, those hydrax would look killer!

There is a guy at my LHS who races. He was the one who got me interested in the Rock Rey. I may give it a go.

I am mounting them to these beadlocks: https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanqui...ete-2.2-wheel-black-silver-2-vps08040/p675935

I paired them with these center hubs: https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanqui...d-series-center-hubs-2-black-vps07720/p454550

I think they are going to look killer.

@bicketybam I'm happy that they will work for the 2.2 Hyrax tires. I just noticed that they weren't listed on the proline website for some reason. I almost bought the dual foams for my 1.9" tires but I had a hard time with the $40 for them when the tires were $50. Who knows, maybe I'll buy the foams next month for them. :)

@Jerry-rigged I've always loved the looks of the Hyrax tires and I actually just got a set of 1.9" Hyrax Predators for my SCX10.2 that I'm looking forward to trying out.

Foams, tires and wheels are like $250. It's insane.

Foams, tires and wheels are like $250. It's insane.
Yeah, they aren't cheap but I really like those Machete wheels you got. I almost got those in 1.9" and clear rim with black bead but it was out of stock everywhere that I looked. I actually ended up getting these from Amazon as my buddy had a set of the same brand ones and they went together really well and feel really nice. I also liked that they came with the hubs. We will see in a couple of weeks how they hold up to the rock crawling.

Well it wasn't too bad getting them in. When I first posted I didn't realize the inner and outer half separated. That made it much easier. I'll mount them tomorrow when my wheels get here. The CF body panels Co tomorrow too so my Rock Rey will be complete.
20190130_164730.jpg

Might be interesting on the BRCC. Here they are compared to the stock tires:

20190130_165337.jpg

I
Yep, you are venturing into “Scaler” territory...BIG $$$$$ in that realm of the hobby.

I had no idea. Zero. Zip. Nada. That part of RC mist be dominated by old rich dudes.

I

I had no idea. Zero. Zip. Nada. That part of RC mist be dominated by old rich dudes.
Old rich dudes that drive their RC's slow. Probably also own a Cadillac or two. :)

Although, I've seen some of those rock racers screaming fast. Has to be like driving a snake with all the articulation!

I

Yeah man, some guys spend $150 on a single machined axle complete with pumpkin. It’s crazy. BFGoodrich tires that have royalty tax (or whatever you call it) attached to them because they have their name, tread pattern and everything on them. $20 for a scale gas can...stuff like that lol. It’s cool but waaaaay too rich for my blood.

Yeah man, some guys spend $150 on a single machined axle complete with pumpkin. It’s crazy. BFGoodrich tires that have royalty tax (or whatever you call it) attached to them because they have their name, tread pattern and everything on them. $20 for a scale gas can...stuff like that lol. It’s cool but waaaaay too rich for my blood.
Beolw are the axles that I want, but will never ever get for my SCX10.2, as I cannot see myself spending that much on two damn axles.. You can do crawlers on a budget, but it is difficult to say no to all the nice stuff out there. Also, I want to throw out two things. 1. When you go after scale stuff, it gets really expensive in a damn hurry. And 2. @olds97_lss, I do not have a Cadillac. I have a Mazda! :LOL:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanqui...x10-ii-front-axle-kit-silver-vps08351/p758407

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanqui...cx10-ii-rear-axle-kit-silver-vps08361/p758409

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back