Kraton Duct tape the Copperheads(?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock20

Reaction score
Has anyone modded their Kraton 8s stock tires in this fashion? Loving the speed with 30/47 and XLX2+1100kv, but I'm done with the ballooning. Besides looking absolutely ridiculous, the thing is also difficult to control at full speed when on its tippy toes.

Trying to find ways around buying belted tires after only two months owning it.

Link here

Has anyone modded their Kraton 8s stock tires in this fashion? Loving the speed with 30/47 and XLX2+1100kv, but I'm done with the ballooning. Besides looking absolutely ridiculous, the thing is also difficult to control at full speed when on its tippy toes.

Trying to find ways around buying belted tires after only two months owning it.

Link here
I've never seen that method, but know what you're talking about w/ those copperheads. I tried them on my stretched typhon on 6s the other day & they were terrible. Have you thought about wrapping them w/ kevlar kite string? I tried that w/ some Chinese cheapos a while back & it helped immensely 🤷‍♂️

I've never seen that method, but know what you're talking about w/ those copperheads. I tried them on my stretched typhon on 6s the other day & they were terrible. Have you thought about wrapping them w/ kevlar kite string? I tried that w/ some Chinese cheapos a while back & it helped immensely 🤷‍♂️
Hey, I haven't tried that. I've read about it, but will need to watch a video guide or something. Also read the string has a tendency to fall off(?) At least with the string method I could avoid baking the tires to remove glue, etc.

The duct tape method seemed attractive for being 1) not visible on exterior and 2) a somewhat more permanent solution (assuming what I read about string falling off is accurate). I guess the duct tape could "unstick" itself from inside as well, eventually.

Hey, I haven't tried that. I've read about it, but will need to watch a video guide or something. Also read the string has a tendency to fall off(?) At least with the string method I could avoid baking the tires to remove glue, etc.

The duct tape method seemed attractive for being 1) not visible on exterior and 2) a somewhat more permanent solution (assuming what I read about string falling off is accurate). I guess the duct tape could "unstick" itself from inside as well, eventually.
When I did it I used Bob Smith 1C-2000 to glue down all of the strands (about 3-4 wraps) around the circumference in like 5 or 6 different spots. If you're running in grass it should last pretty well, in rocks/gravel maybe not so much.

20220609_180455.jpg

20220608_230218.jpg

I have wrapped copperhead 2 big block exb tires on my traxxas XRT right now. I used 500 lb kevlar string and it works really well but I do lose a wrap every once in a while, and have to add a new one. There is probably a better way to do it than what I'm doing too but I've been extremely happy with the performance. I was blowing them up before I wrapped them. The wraps actually last really well in the grass and in the dirt. The street definitely not as good for them but depending on how well you wrap them it can work. My biggest problem is the knot

Video of me bashing with them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back