Due to inflation and a possibility of a recession.😤 What will you sacrifice to save money for another rc or parts?😁👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sacrificing here. Its not about money, its about self control. Never financed anything since 2001 including homes. Went into hobby store yesterday with gf. Told her not to let me buy anything but bearings. She did not have to step in and save me. I walked out with nothing, pretty proud of that! Wasn't always this way....never ever again. Not knocking anyone with 15 or 20 RC's.... more power and fun to you! I just can't go there

Although they had a large selection of aarma parts, I vowed to keep it stock. They carried fast eddy bearings for big rock but not my Senton so I passed.
Makes sense..you like what you like.👍
So far I haven't had any issues with any of my bearings on any of my RC's..after a run I like to take them out and inspect them and let them sit in a cleaning solution..I make .then install them back in ..sounds impractical but I enjoy tinkering around with them.doesn't take me long and I don't run my cars every day so it's not that big of a deal to do. I also let them sit in silicon after they cleaned .some say not to do it but I haven't had any issues yet.. 🤞
IDK which would be funnier; if you were joking, or serious... :unsure:
Oh he's serious 🤣🤣

Last edited:
You could stock up.🤔 I think prices are a little less in the off season.well is there really a off season.probably not since many so go out bashing in the winter..I'm like you I only run above 60 degrees.cause I'm Bi*+h like that.i hate cold and it's not good for my lipos..I'd have to eat a lot of ostrich eggs to with stand these freezing temps..it's 16 degrees here in Rhode island.. friggin cold 🥶🥶🥶
I don't bash in the frigid temps. I end up needing many shattered plastic parts. I have shattered parts and wheels out of nowhere just bashing easily on the street. I am in NYC. Been 5F degrees here for 2 days. :LOL:

I don't bash in the frigid temps. I end up needing many shattered plastic parts. I have shattered parts and wheels out of nowhere just bashing easily on the street. I am in NYC. Been 5F degrees here for 2 days. :LOL:
I hear ya .I'm in Rhode island.last night it was negative 9 degrees.and mad windy.ive been itching to take my Big Papa long Rock for a speed pass and I can't .this blows .I keep staring at it and it's killing me ..I'm tempted to run it in my house lol but my wife will go crazy on me.cant mess with Portuguese girls they get buck wild on yo a*s
I hear ya .I'm in Rhode island.last night it was negative 9 degrees.and mad windy.ive been itching to take my Big Papa long Rock for a speed pass and I can't .this blows .I keep staring at it and it's killing me ..I'm tempted to run it in my house lol but my wife will go crazy on me.cant mess with Portuguese girls they get buck wild on yo a*s
God forbid I drop a bread crumb..lol 😆
All's I can do is strap it to my stand and press throttle lol and make pretend I'm on the road 🤣🤣🤣

With you there on the bread crumbs.I also get my cars out and power it up except i put on the floor in my hobby room and do short burnouts and dounuts. My floor looks like a nascar track at the end of a race.👍

So times are tough and I love eggs and they are a big part of my high protein diet..eggs are about $9 dollars for 12 here in Rhode island so am thinking of switching to goose eggs or ostrich eggs 🤣🤣🤣 .one soft ball size ostrich egg and I'll be all set ...ok seriously what are you guys doing to save money so your rc addiction doesn't get effected?
School fees. Do my children really need an education? 🤔 😆

I thought property tax is what pays for schools, don't tell me because of the government's horrible spending policies you need to pay for it and pay property taxes.
We don't live in the same country. I pay for every cent of my children's education, as I choose for them to attend a private secondary school for the opportunities available.

;) I am tight with most things :rolleyes: but not with rc (y)

its not as it sounds the user name my surname is hobson nickname at school was hobo
Just messing with you. Didn’t think you were a Hobo standing at a traffic light with sign that says, “Will work for RC parts”. 🤣

Hmmm. That gives me an idea. Off to cut up some Amazon boxes.

I am sacrificing my positive attitude at work😜

I try to be rude and disgruntled employee.

Now that everyone and anyone is hiring anyone with a skilled trade I make shur my employer knows they are not special

So far that’s all I have sacrificed 👍

Last edited:
Before my money runs out, I'll invest in a ski mask, lock picks and a thermal lance to help replenish the R/C fund.
No worries I got your back .I'll be in my get away truck down the block waiting for you while I'm on this forum🤣🤣👍
No worries I got your back .I'll be in my get away truck down the block waiting for you while I'm on this forum🤣🤣👍
Or maybe out side doing some speed passes🤣

Or maybe out side doing some speed passes🤣
KB.....just curious....why you always quotin' yourself? Like always......:unsure:😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back