Dumb question #326

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You
I’m asking so I can gauge bodies made for other rigs that might work on my rigs lol. Cause some off brand bodies have odd measurements, and I can’t just buy and hope I’m guessing correctly 😂

Just be aware that even though the wheelbase may be similar some brands have diferent suspension geometry that can cause fit issues. For instance my Tekno MT410 that is streched with a ET48.3 chassis is almost the exact same wheelbase as a Kraton but because the shock location is more forward some bodies have to be trimmed along the lower front corners to clear the shocks.

Just be aware that even though the wheelbase may be similar some brands have diferent suspension geometry that can cause fit issues. For instance my Tekno MT410 that is streched with a ET48.3 chassis is almost the exact same wheelbase as a Kraton but because the shock location is more forward some bodies have to be trimmed along the lower front corners to clear the shocks.
How do you like the stretched MT410? Any issues with the longer driveshaft and/or chassis bending?

How do you like the stretched MT410? Any issues with the longer driveshaft and/or chassis bending?

I absolutely love it. It's a wee bit overpowered and keeps blowing tires apart but it is pretty incredible. I'm going to thicken the center differential fluid even further to help keep the front end down but yesterday I blew a rear tire bead on a 10 minute old Proline Badlands LP while it was ripping through the grass. It's an M2C chassis and also has all of the m2c braces. My other Tekno (et48 2.0) which is built up stock took a nasty hit a week ago and bent the front aluminum shaft but can't see any other damage and the chassis is still straight.

I absolutely love it. It's a wee bit overpowered and keeps blowing tires apart but it is pretty incredible. I'm going to thicken the center differential fluid even further to help keep the front end down but yesterday I blew a rear tire bead on a 10 minute old Proline Badlands LP while it was ripping through the grass. It's an M2C chassis and also has all of the m2c braces. My other Tekno (et48 2.0) which is built up stock took a nasty hit a week ago and bent the front aluminum shaft but can't see any other damage and the chassis is still straight.
Glad to hear it's held up. I love the short wheelbase on my MT410 but the handling might get old at some point.

P.S. How does thickening the center diff fluid keep the front end down? I thought thicker led to more wheelies.

Glad to hear it's held up. I love the short wheelbase on my MT410 but the handling might get old at some point.

P.S. How does thickening the center diff fluid keep the front end down? I thought thicker led to more wheelies.

Thicker fluid helps keep the front and rear wheels spinning at the same speed. When the front end is in the air a lot of power goes to the front wheels, hence why tires balloon so bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back