Dumb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Idk if its normal but my stock shocks have really nice soft orings while the hot racing shocks came with really stiff o rings. Oil leaks if compressed too hard and i think thats where the air comes from when i bleed the system and i think they are the same size as the hot racing o rings. But i don't know what orings are idea the stiff ones or the soft ones?

Are the shock shafts the same diameter for both OE and the HR's? If so, maybe the o rings are swappable. Try and see. Unfortunately HR has little to zero support. Or I would suggest calling/contacting them if you haven't tried already? I had purchased 4 PL Crawler shocks and they were garbage out the gate. Leaking like a SOB. Called PL and they were clueless.. They sent me spare rebuild kits etc. I ended accepting that I had to buy a lot of shock oil and top them off every week or so. They would leak just sitting on my shelf. Then about year later I go to buy more parts to rebuild from PL and they no longer had the rebuild parts. I called them and complained. They wanted them back and I did that. They sent them back saying they did not leak anymore. But lied and never did that. The Cust. serv. Rep thought they did. But the shocks came back empty and untouched as I sent them. I hate defective shocks. $100. wasted. I complained some more about what happened and they sent me some loose o rings sitting around at PL . Those not sold anymore. I replaced the o rings and it worked. It was all about the o-rings.
Originals were just No Good. Now all this time later and I finally have decent PL Crawler shocks even though I purchased a set of trxxass Crawler shocks and using them instead. Yes... Traxxas Crawler shocks are known to be the best option ironically. And cheap from JennysRC. (4 filled with springs) I would try changing out the O-rings. That may be your initial problem. Worth a try.

Are the shock shafts the same diameter for both OE and the HR's? If so, maybe the o rings are swappable. Try and see. Unfortunately HR has little to zero support. Or I would suggest calling/contacting them if you haven't tried already? I had purchased 4 PL Crawler shocks and they were garbage out the gate. Leaking like a SOB. Called PL and they were clueless.. They sent me spare rebuild kits etc. I ended accepting that I had to buy a lot of shock oil and top them off every week or so. They would leak just sitting on my shelf. Then about year later I go to buy more parts to rebuild from PL and they no longer had the rebuild parts. I called them and complained. They wanted them back and I did that. They sent them back saying they did not leak anymore. But lied and never did that. The Cust. serv. Rep thought they did. But the shocks came back empty and untouched as I sent them. I hate defective shocks. $100. wasted. I complained some more about what happened and they sent me some loose o rings sitting around at PL . Those not sold anymore. I replaced the o rings and it worked. It was all about the o-rings.
Originals were just No Good. Now all this time later and I finally have decent PL Crawler shocks even though I purchased a set of trxxass Crawler shocks and using them instead. Yes... Traxxas Crawler shocks are known to be the best option ironically. And cheap from JennysRC. (4 filled with springs) I would try changing out the O-rings. That may be your initial problem. Worth a try.
Yeah i understand yes they use the stock shafts i have put every single pieces of my stock shocks in a little bog and i only found two o rings lost the 2 ones im clueless where to search because i have no idea. I think i just trew them by accident in the garbage when i was drying the oil from them
Going to swap them on one shock and see
image.jpg

This looks like a leak for me
Its definetly leaking
Going to switch the orings hopefully it makes a differance or i will cancel the order for the front shocks that will arrive this friday
My head says hot racing crap

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back