Dumbo steering wheel issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
The self center spring on my dumbo transmitter steering wheel broke. The car is far more difficult to control without it 🤪 Before I get a replacement Dumbo… has anyone else had this issue? I am just wondering if it’s common or if I just had one with an issue.

Mine broke …. Take a few screws out and then you can slightly stretch the spring and then carry on using it …… mines been fine since

Mine broke …. Take a few screws out and then you can slightly stretch the spring and then carry on using it …… mines been fine since
Thanks man! I just remembered mines only a couple weeks old so I’m taking advantage of the Amazon return 30 day policy and getting a new one. But I’ll keep that in mind if it happens again.

Sounds like it may be a common issue?

Don’t think it is ….. mine just broke due to a very heavy handed son lol !!!!!!
He also broke my other transmitter

Good to hear…I just may fit the heavy handed description so will lighten up a bit. Some raise the remote high while jumping while I swing my arms and crank when turning 🙃

Thanks very much for this post! My 6 year old did exactly the same thing, wrenched the steering wheel HARD and it stopped self-centering. He burst into tears, poor little fella - no doubt conscious of his Dad’s rubbish mechanic skills. I told him not to worry, we’ll find something on Arrmaforum.com and work it out. I was convincing myself as much as him 😂. Worst case scenario was buying a whole new transmitter. Lo and behold this thread gave me the confidence to open the transmitter for the 1st time. FYI in case this happens to anyone else with the SLT3 transmitter, just unscrew the back, then unscrew the trigger set-up, then you get to the steering wheel set up. The spring on ours was still in ok condition, I think it had just come off. Thanks again dudes, this forum is single-handedly helping me think I may be able to fix the stuff we break 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back