Dumborc 4 channel vs 6 channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi everyone,
I have decided to replace my STX2 with a dumborc radio as it seems like a good cheap option. I was going to buy the 4 channel as it is cheaper and I don't need the extra channels or the gyro feature that to 6 channel version comes with. Can anyone tell me if there are any other differences between the two radios? I don't want to buy the 4 channel radio if it ends up being just as bad as the STX2.
Thanks

I got my son the dumborc 6ch with the gyro for his brcc. The remote is better then the stx2 in every way. I don’t care for the gyro. We’ve been messing with it and drive with it off or really low so it doesn’t do much. It was worth every penny so far. We’ve been using it for a few weeks now

Either one is an upgrade. I have the 6 channel with gyro. I like the gyro, it’s a helpful option for when you want it. Plus more channels on the receiver for further vehicle upgrades.

Just ordered the 6-channel yesterday. At $26 vs $29, I figured the 6 would be the better choice.

I thought the idea of a gyro made sense, but in reality they are pretty useless IMO. The upside for me to the 6CH would be the ability to plug in more fans. I can’t imagine ever needing a 3rd actual channel let alone a 4th.

It isn't about that so much. It's about the 6-channel being the top-of-the-line, and hopefully better quality. Flysky is the same way; people are raving about the gt5 but say the gt3 is cheap, uncomfortable and defective. Honestly, the amazon listing for the dumborc is just like the other cheap knockoff parts they sell, and I'm just hoping it beats my stx2. For $30, I'll try it out.

Just ordered the 6-channel yesterday. At $26 vs $29, I figured the 6 would be the better choice.
Where did you order it from? I'm wanting to get one but am impatient and Amazon as well as eBay are showing a 2 - 3 week delivery timeframe. Wondering if there's another vendor with a faster delivery estimate.

It isn't about that so much. It's about the 6-channel being the top-of-the-line, and hopefully better quality. Flysky is the same way; people are raving about the gt5 but say the gt3 is cheap, uncomfortable and defective. Honestly, the amazon listing for the dumborc is just like the other cheap knockoff parts they sell, and I'm just hoping it beats my stx2. For $30, I'll try it out.
I don’t think that’s the case here. The x6 just has more channels. I don’t think there’s ever been a mention of added range or build quality. But for a few bucks, it’s not a huge leap either.

Where did you order it from? I'm wanting to get one but am impatient and Amazon as well as eBay are showing a 2 - 3 week delivery timeframe. Wondering if there's another vendor with a faster delivery estimate.

Amazon. I think it was the main listing. There are a bunch of odd listings from shops selling through amazon. Right now it still estimates april 26 and hasn't shipped, but my hot racing shock bodies and fast eddy set are already on the way.

Right now it still estimates april 26 and hasn't shipped, but my hot racing shock bodies and fast eddy set are already on the way.
If it’s shipped by Amazon, good luck. They will ship when they have time. If it’s shipped by another vendor directly, you have a better chance it will actually make it out of a warehouse. If you have an option for UPS or FEDEX shipping, you will be more likely to get it on time. I have been ordering on eBay and asking the seller for upgraded shipping quotes.

I've also been ordering most things from eBay now. Actually ordered a dumborc from there but then the seller said they didn't have the item, then relisted the same one for $5 more so I asked about that. Then they changed their story saying the ones they had were defective. I miss Amazon 1 and 2 day shipping....
Amazon. I think it was the main listing. There are a bunch of odd listings from shops selling through amazon. Right now it still estimates april 26 and hasn't shipped, but my hot racing shock bodies and fast eddy set are already on the way.
Thank you. Just placed an order for one. Says it'll be in stock April 25th and delivered April 26th. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Glad I ordered it earlier. Pleasant surprise.
Capture+_2020-04-18-18-29-19.png

Hi everyone,
I have decided to replace my STX2 with a dumborc radio as it seems like a good cheap option. I was going to buy the 4 channel as it is cheaper and I don't need the extra channels or the gyro feature that to 6 channel version comes with. Can anyone tell me if there are any other differences between the two radios? I don't want to buy the 4 channel radio if it ends up being just as bad as the STX2.
Thanks
Do you know which channel I can plug my fan wire into on my receiver?

Do you know which channel I can plug my fan wire into on my receiver?
It’s a 2 year old post and the guy isn’t around anymore. If I remember right it’s 1 for steering. 2 for throttle (esc) and 3 or 4 will work for the fan.

Awesome thank you I appreciate response. I just started my yokomo yz-2 dtm3 last night for first time and I noticed I heard this really rough nice from my pinion gear and tires were barely moving. Any suggestions ? If not it's fine just new to it

Awesome thank you I appreciate response. I just started my yokomo yz-2 dtm3 last night for first time and I noticed I heard this really rough nice from my pinion gear and tires were barely moving. Any suggestions ? If not it's fine just new to it
No idea bud. Honestly I don’t know anything about that car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back