DumboRC Gyro Mounting - Orientation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBLX185

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm getting ready to mount my new DumboRC receiver (with gyro) in my Talion 6S. I'm wondering if the orientation of the receiver will matter. As expected the DumboRC came with zero instructions. Logic would suggest that orientation of the gyro matters--how else would it tell how to compensate? But what do I know?

Stock the receiver is mounted on its side. I was thinking the gyro might be fun to have when doing speed runs on street tires.

Best, J

As flat as possible and as centered in the car as possible. I only used teh gyro function a couple of times. I feel like I’m fighting the gyro function too much, but that may be due to offroading or my poor driving skills ?

I'm getting ready to mount my new DumboRC receiver (with gyro) in my Talion 6S. I'm wondering if the orientation of the receiver will matter. As expected the DumboRC came with zero instructions. Logic would suggest that orientation of the gyro matters--how else would it tell how to compensate? But what do I know?

Stock the receiver is mounted on its side. I was thinking the gyro might be fun to have when doing speed runs on street tires.

Best, J

Best, J
Mount it flat to the chassis and have the smaller side of the rectangle facing to the rear and front of the car if that makes sense.

Thx! I guess it does not matter which "small side" of the receiver goes at the front?

Definitely will ditch the stock mounting bracket for the receiver then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back