DumboRC - Reverse lag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucko1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
I replaced my STX2 transmitter with a dumborc for my granite 3s BLX. For the most part it is quite a bit better. I do seem to have a decent amount of lag when going in reverse. sometimes I need to move the stick back and forth a few times before it will engage reverse. its odd as the brake works all the time.

I am pretty new to all of this, like 2 weeks.

I replaced my STX2 transmitter with a dumborc for my granite 3s BLX. For the most part it is quite a bit better. I do seem to have a decent amount of lag when going in reverse. sometimes I need to move the stick back and forth a few times before it will engage reverse. its odd as the brake works all the time.

I think thats normal my kraton 4s does the same thing when i go at slow speed i think i had the same thing with my stx2

I think thats normal my kraton 4s does the same thing when i go at slow speed i think i had the same thing with my stx2

good to know.

I really like the gyro with my granite when driving on the icy roads. just a blast.
I am already thinking about the next 2-3 vehicles i am going to buy. so much fun.
All these rigs need to be at a complete stop before reverse will engage, otherwise drivetrains and diffs would get destroyed.
Thanks, makes sense.

good to know.

I really like the gyro with my granite when driving on the icy roads. just a blast.
I am already thinking about the next 2-3 vehicles i am going to buy. so much fun.
If you're having a blast with 3S, wait til you get a 6S rig.

Yeah, that is a decent radio. I run a couple of my cars with it. It is designed to not go right into reverse until it is stopped. Pretty much how most radios work The first push back is your break, once you are stopped then release and push back again it you will go in reverse. This saves some wear and tear on the drive line. Have fun!
Man you guys are fast on the reply :ROFLMAO: sorry for the repeat info...

Did you remember to do the throttle setup procedure for the esc when you switched to the Dumbo? Other than that as others have said the brake then reverse is normal.

Did you remember to do the throttle setup procedure for the esc when you switched to the Dumbo? Other than that as others have said the brake then reverse is normal.
I did not. I just plugged everything in and turned on the gyro.

didn’t see a specific throttle setup in the directions but I could have missed it.

I did not. I just plugged everything in and turned on the gyro.

didn’t see a specific throttle setup in the directions but I could have missed it.

It's in the Granite manual (page 15) any time you change the transmitter you should do the throttle setup. Also you might have to setup the failsafe so you don't have a runaway if your receiver ever loses the the signal.

It's in the Granite manual (page 15) any time you change the transmitter you should do the throttle setup. Also you might have to setup the failsafe so you don't have a runaway if your receiver ever loses the the signal.
Ok. I did this with the original transmitter. I will do this with the new one.

thanks for the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back