Dumborc tx/rx with gyro... any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Got my son this setup with a gyro to replace the junk stx2 that came with his BRCC. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the gyro work well? Don’t worry, I wiped it down with Clorox wipes to keep the corona virus away haha

Attachments

• 21BA0347-FF92-4411-AA60-73BE6CF5936E.jpeg
    21BA0347-FF92-4411-AA60-73BE6CF5936E.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 124
Don't know about the gyro but heard good things about the Dumbo, it works!

I got mine about 3 months ago. Took 2 1/2 weeks to get it.
I think I got mine on amazon. It only took a few days. I haven’t had a chance to install it yet. Been to busy with work, kids and a preggo wife the past few weeks. My son said I have to have it installed by the weekend lol. We are self quarantined from this damn corona virus so I should have time to hook it up. If it’s good, I’ll get another for my Kraton 6s

You’ll be happy with it. I have used the gyro but only on extremely loose surfaces. I keep the knob turned to about 50% or less though during those situations. I don’t run like this though it was only as a test or when I want to beat my brother in laws rustler while on dirt :LOL:

Got my son this setup with a gyro to replace the junk stx2 that came with his BRCC. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the gyro work well? Don’t worry, I wiped it down with Clorox wipes to keep the corona virus away haha

Since you already bought it, why don't you try it and tell us?

Since you already bought it, why don't you try it and tell us?
Haha my bad. The day we installed it, we were testing it in our driveway and a car hit a tree at 50mph in front of our house at the bottom of our driveway. It scared the crap out of us. I forgot to update. For the money, it’s way better than the stx2. It’s range seems better. The responsiveness is like night and day. There’s very little delay on the throttle. It just makes driving the truck way more enjoyable. I’m not completely sold on the gyro. It makes the truck hard to handle for general bashing. So we have it turned almost off. We did how ever test it on a flat paved lot and it made it handle on rails. My son loves it and loves the chrome wheel. My only complaint is that my big fingers barely fit in the trigger. For the money, I’m impressed and pleased thus far. We are doing a complete overhaul/upgrade to the brcc and I will make a build log. My sons is with me 3 days a week and I want him to build it with me every step of the way. We haven’t had the time but hopefully soon enough!

don't know what all the hype is about this transmitter. I did not like it. Reverse didn't work when hitting trigger, then at times when stopped, would just take off in reverse crashing into things. One look at it and can see how cheap it looks. Very plasticky compared to other radios.

don't know what all the hype is about this transmitter. I did not like it. Reverse didn't work when hitting trigger, then at times when stopped, would just take off in reverse crashing into things. One look at it and can see how cheap it looks. Very plasticky compared to other radios.
I have several and they work super but yes they are cheap looking. They have the best range of any radio I own. There’s a lot of hype for a reason. They are a very good replacement for the stx2. You must have got a dud. Sorry it did not work for you.

Ours had issues with reverse too. I recalibrated the esc a few times and it’s been fine since.

I have two and they work great. IF you calibrate them. First you need to calibrate the transmitter and then calibrate your ESC. Do that and you should be good.

I have noticed no reverse sometimes but Infugured it out. I have the ESC set to 50% reverse power and when I let my kids run my Notorious and turn down the throttle dual rate below 50% there is no reverse.

Im running my Notorious on 4S with punch 6 and it’s pretty nuts. I’ll go back down to lunch 3 or 4 when I try 6S this weekend.
Oh also, the X6A version has a nice rubbery finish and it feels great. It’s hard to tell from the picture but it looks and feels much better than the regular X6. I am just starting to play with the gyro.

[CA$39.84 23% OFF]DumboRC X6A 2.4G 6CH Transmitter with X6FG Receiver for JJRC Q65 MN-90 RC Vehicles Model RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood https://banggood.app.link/pDutGlcTV8

No issues with mine also, gyro works well on my 3S BLX. I also like how you can adjust the sensitivity of gyro easily with right nob on top of the transmitter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back