Kraton Dumpster Fire or a Diamond in the rough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good👍
I've recently discovered a few things since running my k6 in the snow.. one, bushings are better than bearings in the steering posts, at least for snow bashing. Two, the non adjustable servo saver is a piece of cake to take apart once the top plate and arms have been removed from the steer posts.. I ended up using some diff shims (thick ones) I had left over from my LSD to open diff kits as spacers to tighten up the servo saver spring..perfect fit!!

I have been grazing over this thread, this thing was in pretty rough shape!! Did you actually rebuild the diffs? I have to say, just observing the front and rear diffs from the OUTSIDE, I would've been buying complete new diffs w/housings from JRC!?😮😖🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
Kudos for seeing this thing through, surely a labor of love.👍🍻

I have been grazing over this thread, this thing was in pretty rough shape!!

No Doubt!
And I've got more to say about the Freaking motor mount screws...!!!! The ones that held it to the chassis and the two top ones for pinion adjustment..

Holy Marry they were tight!! Practically super glued down..
That kid must've had the same problems of trying to unscrew them.
There was a piece of metal wedges in-between one of the top screw and the aluminum frame that I thought was a nail.. it was actually the tip of a needle nose pliers!
Apparently he had tried to man handle the mesh or tried to remove the motor and snapped it clean off.

I had to use a plumber's torch..Finally got all the screws undone..
I Did NOT take any photos or video because I was so Angry & Pissed at having to fight with those damn stubborn screws!!!!!!!

Did you actually rebuild the diffs? I have to say, just observing the front and rear diffs from the OUTSIDE, I would've been buying complete new diffs w/housings from JRC!?😮😖🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

I probably will pick up a complete diff(s) from JennysRC in the future..

But for NOW I'm going to keep it all Stock
(knowing that kid probably wrecked this rig WAY before he actually got to the point of doing any damage to the diffs) ,unless I witness something horrible wrong with them.

Cause I'm planning on enjoying the Sh!t out of this thing ,as he should/would have -IF he just took a bit more care its usage and maintenance.

Kudos for seeing this thing through, surely a labor of love.👍🍻

It is for sure.
Either that or I'm one very hardheaded Stubborn monkey wrencher 🦍

No Doubt!
And I've got more to say about the Freaking motor mount screws...!!!! The ones that held it to the chassis and the two top ones for pinion adjustment..

Holy Marry they were tight!! Practically super glued down..
That kid must've had the same problems of trying to unscrew them.
There was a piece of metal wedges in-between one of the top screw and the aluminum frame that I thought was a nail.. it was actually the tip of a needle nose pliers!
Apparently he had tried to man handle the mesh or tried to remove the motor and snapped it clean off.

I had to use a plumber's torch..Finally got all the screws undone..
I Did NOT take any photos or video because I was so Angry & Pissed at having to fight with those damn stubborn screws!!!!!!!

I probably will pick up a complete diff(s) from JennysRC in the future..

But for NOW I'm going to keep it all Stock
(knowing that kid probably wrecked this rig WAY before he actually got to the point of doing any damage to the diffs) ,unless I witness something horrible wrong with them.

Cause I'm planning on enjoying the Sh!t out of this thing ,as he should/would have -IF he just took a bit more care its usage and maintenance.

It is for sure.
Either that or I'm one very hardheaded Stubborn monkey wrencher 🦍
This must be your first time buying a used Arrma RC :ROFLMAO:.

This must be your first time buying a used Arrma RC :ROFLMAO:.

NO!

Just the first one to be so terribly mistreated...

I have one that would blow your mind how MINT it was kept... I actually felt bad buying it from the guy... But he needed the money more.

I haven't disclosed what it is yet.
I want to get all my other projects done First.

NO!

Just the first one to be so terribly mistreated...

I have one that would blow your mind how MINT it was kept... I actually felt bad buying it from the guy... But he needed the money more.

I haven't disclosed what it is yet.
I want to get all my other projects done First.
Now I'm intrigued!

I hear ya loud and clear about the motor mount screws! Why on earth did they use button heads anyway!? Theres plenty of room for standatd cylindrical cap screws? Oh, gotta be able to go one tooth smaller on pinion range right?😂😂
The pan head screws through the bottom of the chassis is the only realistic choice, I get that.
Well, I hope the worses of it is all behind ya now!😁🍻👍

More like Arrma neglect..
Shame!

That kid didn't have the decency to even attempt to repair what damage he caused..
Well, I guess he did take the front arms off , THAT was about it.

Perhaps one look at the bent hinge pin ,taco-ed Ackerman bar ,chewed cup, stretched out end link ,bent drive shaft, snapped screws, and Cracked diff casing..
He just couldn't take it anymore.. Too Much for the kid to handle.

View attachment 281182

View attachment 281183

View attachment 281184

View attachment 281185

View attachment 281186

View attachment 281187

View attachment 281188

Looks like he rounded out the hex to a pillow ball cupS... By cross threading them into the hub.
View attachment 281189

View attachment 281190

View attachment 281191

BOTH Upper & Lower
View attachment 281192

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
His loss your gain brotha👍😁

FINALLY!!
Got the grub screw out!

Used a crescent wrench as a heat shield.. to protect the rest of the steering hub while I put enough heat on that stubborn screws..
IMG_20230324_200703627_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230324_200730500.jpg

IMG_20230324_194315339.jpg

IMG_20230324_194308536.jpg

Bendy driveshaft..
IMG_20230324_194456460.jpg

IMG_20230324_194431944.jpg

IMG_20230324_194850754.jpg

This is my first Official 6S driveshaft Removal & Disassembly on any of my 6S rigs..
It's shocking I know...

And a Big Thank you! goes to @DLK83
for donating some fresh parts 👍
IMG_20230324_194819209.jpg

IMG_20230324_194814736.jpg

IMG_20230324_194802821.jpg

Going to print up some Bearing Pullers to properly remove those old balls..
They should be still useable with a bit of TLC.

IMG_20230324_203136203_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230324_203042415.jpg

I was working on my build today and I noticed one of my hinge pins was out a little and it brought me back here cause I noticed you made the butt caps .now I'm wondering if I forgot something..I only reamember taking off the red aluminum butt caps off on the front and rear bulk heads when I put in the vortex ones on.i wounder if the hinge pins on the vortex are thicker than the Big rocks.and maybey I slid in the big rocks pins into the vortex bulk heads instead of the vortex ones.why else would the pin be sliding out? Unless I have the butt caps backwards.i only noticed the front right pin out a little like almost 1/4 inch .and I haven't ran it .just rocking it back and forth makes it come out..what do you think Tex?

I was working on my build today and I noticed one of my hinge pins was out a little and it brought me back here cause I noticed you made the butt caps .now I'm wondering if I forgot something..I only reamember taking off the red aluminum butt caps off on the front and rear bulk heads when I put in the vortex ones on.i wounder if the hinge pins on the vortex are thicker than the Big rocks.and maybey I slid in the big rocks pins into the vortex bulk heads instead of the vortex ones.why else would the pin be sliding out? Unless I have the butt caps backwards.i only noticed the front right pin out a little like almost 1/4 inch .and I haven't ran it .just rocking it back and forth makes it come out..what do you think Tex?

Not seeing what your talking about...
Got any pics of the issue?

Not seeing what your talking about...
Got any pics of the issue?
The hinge pin from the lower control arm .left hand side is out..I noticed a few weeks ago I pushed it back in and didn't think anything of it since I wasn't running it and I have only been pushing it by hand back and forth and it's out again like wtf .

IMG_20230326_213948099.jpg

Looks like I might be missing something to keep it from pushing out..or the hinge pin from the vortex is thinner .I checked the rear and there fine .and the front right hasn't moved at all ..this is bugging me now. Can't run it untill you or I or someone figures this out

The hinge pin from the lower control arm .left hand side is out..I noticed a few weeks ago I pushed it back in and didn't think anything of it since I wasn't running it and I have only been pushing it by hand back and forth and it's out again like wtf .

View attachment 288499
Looks like I might be missing something to keep it from pushing out..or the hinge pin from the vortex is thinner .I checked the rear and there fine .and the front right hasn't moved at all ..this is bugging me now. Can't run it untill you or I or someone figures this out

You're missing the Sway Bar brackets!!

IMG_20230326_211229700.jpg

IMG_20230326_211239153_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230326_211256002.jpg

IMG_20230326_211246787.jpg

And the swaybars themselves ,plus their endlinks.. 🙅🦖

IMG_20230326_211756867.jpg

Back