Duo C240

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Anyone ever had issues with the HTRC C240 charging batteries over capacity? Charged a new 4s for the second time and it took some a while, then the charger shut off with an error “over capacity cut off”. Cells were balanced and it was 98%. Not sure what to think. Haven’t had any problems with any of my other lipos.

I have the T240 I think the only difference is the interface, mine is touchscreen is all. Everything else is the same, amps, watts, 2 battery hookup with my only ever issue was needing to replace the balance boards. It was not reading the cells correctly, every move of the board and wires it would readjust the results...

Otherwise, it may be software or hardware issues in this case. ? Hoping for an easy and quick fix for ya!

What capacity of your battery?
Check "Capacity Cut-off" option in User Settings
I'll give that a shot, just seems odd because the first charge no issue. Used the battery and when I balance charged the second time it did the over capacity cut off. Just figure if it was a setting, it would of happened the first time.

If your Capacity cut-off = 5000mah
the first charge from storage state could get only half (2500)
and the second charge for empty battery > 5000

If your Capacity cut-off = 5000mah
the first charge from storage state could get only half (2500)
and the second charge for empty battery > 5000
How can I fix the issue? Really not understanding! I guess first step is to see what the cut off is set to.

Exactly, you can find it in charger menu: User Settings -> Capacity Cut-Off
Cut off on the charger is set to 8000mAh. So when I charged the battery and put the the correct settings in why would it over charge or cut off? Battery was set to Lipo, 4s, Balance, 6.0 (6000mAh) Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong? Its pretty cut and dry. This is my only 4s and I've never had an issue with any of my other batteries.

This is weird, have no idea then
I have a similar htrc charger C150 (one channel) and no problem with 4S 6500
try to check capacity before cut off (if it will happen) or try to disable capacity cut off option

Getting ready to put it on the charger again. I'll see what happens. I know it was on there yesterday for 1.5hrs before the capacity cut off happened. Just don't want that sucker causing a fire.

Same crap! Shut off again.
FF11541E-CBB3-45D0-B78F-BCD23F9CC571.jpeg
E9052207-E051-4CD0-B62E-FB8A7A718569.jpeg
6564217B-7264-4F75-949F-C8F645609B23.jpeg

I know this is big bump, but I just had the same issue. Same charger.

Somehow the capacity cut off on one of the channels got reset too 000mah. I set it to 5200mah and it took off just fine.

@Harriot10

Did you ever fix yours?

I know this is big bump, but I just had the same issue. Same charger.

Somehow the capacity cut off on one of the channels got reset too 000mah. I set it to 5200mah and it took off just fine.

@Harriot10

Did you ever fix yours?
Haven’t had anymore issues, it only did it with one of my 4s HRB batteries.

As far as your issue, get the manual and check your settings. You should be able to factory reset or get it set to what you need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back