Duperbash, M2C going to Traxxas!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Xmaxx is way too over-priced for what you get, $1000 and it still requires some upgrades to make it more durable. Trashaxx’s motto is “We create an issue, and we sell the solution.”

The Xmaxx is way too over-priced for what you get, $1000 and it still requires some upgrades to make it more durable. Trashaxx’s motto is “We create an issue, and we sell the solution.”
Lol. The stock servo thing is awful. The “upgrade” is garbage too.

Upper and lower control arms aren’t a problem. They are very tough! HD ones are even beefier.

These guys will take a finger in the bomb from any one.
They are tough though.
No doubt the maxx trucks are good.. I just refuse to buy into their business model.
Arrma's exb comes with the best parts that Armma makes. Sure, M2C and others have some better offerings.. but Traxxas charges you for beef tenderloin and gives you cubesteak!!
For the record, I'm no fanboy of any brand.
Diversity is always good..this forum is a perfect example 👍😀

Last edited:
That guy has mad driving skills.
I have heard the x-maxx has very few weak spots (compared to the k8s) the main weaknesses on the x-maxx (from what I have heard) is the central driveshaft, rear arm hinge pins, stock wheels 'splodin, and stock servo.
It’s too bad that virtually every RTR on the planet gets delivered with a crappy servo. Especially considering the “upgraded” servos many of us love, the DS range, cost like $20 to $30 on Amazon. I don’t get why this is still an industry wide issue. And have you priced those “upgraded” Traxxas servos?!?!? Ridiculous. And they’re still problematic failure-prone pieces of dookie by comparison. Wacky, man.

Last edited:
FWIW , I have both , my Xmaxx is 4+ years old now , K8s is 2 ( v1 ) . Before you read on let it be known that I like both trucks pretty much equally .
Xmaxx : STILL on orig servo !!! Never broke an arm yet , ( bumpers , wheel bearing yes ) , body goes to crap quickly . ESC finally getting glitchy .
K8S : slow out of the box , had to do the 23t pinion to be happy with it . 3 jumps in mild cold Dec broke an arm !!!! No biggy . After jumping started to see the chassis bending ( V1 problem ) , got all the parts to make into V 1.5 / 2 ? last outing broke front lower chassis brace mount on motor mount , bent the chassis pretty good . Tired of this , ordered an M2C chassis .
So both trucks right now are Xmaxx $999 / K8S $969 . IMO if you beat on both box stock , the Xmaxx is more durable , now spend $ 226 for a chassis upgrade for the K8S , now what's more . Which one has the bullet prove stout drivetrain , K8S pure winner !!!
Rich even says he loves his Arrmas and not getting rid of . Seems like wanted a little different flavor in his lineup .
Can't go wrong with either .

Want to ad , I upgraded my K8S to HW Max 5 / 1100kv , totally awesome rig now IMO !!! Be even better when my M2C chassis gets here !!! The electronics were donated to my Xmaxx !!! Now that truck is awesome !!!! LOL

IMG_4665.JPG

Just stumbled upon this over on Lube tube..
Nothing wrong with that. The Xmaxx is a very popular basher. I actually bothered M2C a couple of months ago ago about making thicker driveshafts for the Xmaxx and they told me that they had too many projects going on. I guess they have time now. I'm 99% they are going to come up with some beefcake driveshafts in the future. I'm all for it.
I have less in 2 xmaxx then 1 k6 lol and not as reliable as an xmaxx
Yup, even upgraded, my K6s would break way more than my X-Maxx. The O8S and EXB K8S are way more durable than the K6s that I had, but they still break easier than my X-Maxx with 30ft plus jumps
That also could be said about the bending chassis on the EXB K8S and O8S. $200+ just to take my big jumps.
Lol. The stock servo thing is awful. The “upgrade” is garbage too.

Upper and lower control arms aren’t a problem. They are very tough! HD ones are even beefier.
I have the upgraded servo. For a basher, it works fine. I've had it in there for more than a year with no issues.
I have heard the x-maxx has very few weak spots (compared to the k8s) the main weaknesses on the x-maxx (from what I have heard) is the central driveshaft, rear arm hinge pins, stock wheels 'splodin, and stock servo.
Yeah I upgraded all of that. And it's a tank. I also added the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor with 25/35 gearing.

Last edited:
So to all the Arrma fanboi's out there & vise versa, what does being over all the "Brand Wars" truly mean in his vid? Does it mean a nice pay-day or is this a flip-flop Fauci moment?
Well said. IDK what he's up to. It's no secret the manufacturers spend big money for endorsements!!
Either way, buy what makes you happy I say..then we'll all raz each other about it!?🤣

I have and Xmaxx, and outcast 8s and a K8.

By far HANDS DOWN the XMaxx is more durable with little to no modifications. I am not a fan not of either brand, but unless you own an Xmaxx, you just don’t really get the difference between it and anything Arrma offers.

And I’m saying that out of the box, you don’t NEED to do anything. I’ve never switched to the HD arms, I’ve literally just swapped out the rear axle carrier for the bigger bearings, and that was a proactive replacement. The out of the box Xmaxx needs WAY less upgrading than any of my (17) rigs.

By far HANDS DOWN the XMaxx is more durable with little to no modifications. I am not a fan not of either brand, but unless you own an Xmaxx, you just don’t really get the difference between it and anything Arrma offers.
Admittedly I don't own either rig..my bro has the Xmaxx, it's a blast and I'm sure after 5+ years of development the K8 will be just as durable..
Trust me, if I had the funds,. I'd have both too😁

So to all the Arrma fanboi's out there & vise versa, what does being over all the "Brand Wars" truly mean in his vid? Does it mean a nice pay-day or is this a flip-flop Fauci moment?
No brand war for me. I love my X-Maxx, Outcast 8s and EXB K8S 🤣👍

I’ve heard this from numerous people. I’ll never own one though, because if I ever drop a whole stack on an RC it’s probably going to be a Losi DBXL-E. Yes, I know it’s a totally different animal but dang those things are cool. I’ve been looking for a good deal on a used one but haven’t found one yet I’d buy. It is cool though that M2C is branching out a bit and if they move more solidly into the Traxxas brand they would quintuple their market share. I’ve always wished that there was an aluminum LCG chassis option for the Slash 2wd. If they did that they would have zero competition as they simply don’t exist in the aftermarket, and with the explosion in no prep drag (which are mostly converted 1/10 SCT’s) the timing couldn’t be better as they would be serving two gigantic markets with a single bespoke item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back