Duperbash, M2C going to Traxxas!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just see no reason to be loyal to a brand
My reasons have nothing to do with that. Cost and…I don’t want to learn how to work on another brand of car. I’m just getting these Arrma 3s cars really down and got a Noto to learn about early next year. That’s about all I can handle.🤣

My reasons have nothing to do with that. Cost and…I don’t want to learn how to work on another brand of car. I’m just getting these Arrma 3s cars really down and got a Noto to learn about early next year. That’s about all I can handle.🤣
Now imagine having cars from 11 different manufacturers.

In my case, I'd love to also have an MT410, an 8ight XTE, etc, but I am too limited in storage space to have proper spare parts management for several brands. I am well stocked in Arrma 3S and 6S parts, but i prefer keeping it that way.

One strong argument for getting a Vorteks was actually the number of spare parts with the Granite, while being a very different car.

The X-Maxx does not like landing on concrete in cold temperatures. That's what is happening in the Duperbash video. Plastic does not like beeing slapped in cold temperatures. It is what it is.

I think that video gives a wrong view on the X-Maxx. The KS8 would have had stuff broken just as well with those landings on concrete. The beating my X-Maxx has taken in warm weather is absolutely insane. In cold weather I would not even jump it anywhere near hard or frozen ground.

I think that is also the big plus for the Maxx over the XMaxx: Less weight and less force on the plastic.

The X-Maxx does not like landing on concrete in cold temperatures. That's what is happening in the Duperbash video. Plastic does not like beeing slapped in cold temperatures. It is what it is.

I think that video gives a wrong view on the X-Maxx. The KS8 would have had stuff broken just as well with those landings on concrete. The beating my X-Maxx has taken in warm weather is absolutely insane. In cold weather I would not even jump it anywhere near hard or frozen ground.

I think that is also the big plus for the Maxx over the XMaxx: Less weight and less force on the plastic.
Plastics sure do become brittle at low temps, not sure that 40-50f is really making much difference tho.
Two different animals are the xmaxx and arrma 8s. One relies on stiffness of aluminum with more bracing providing more strength, the other light weight with chassis flex being part of it's actual design.
Strengthening any pan chassis vehicle is a much simpler process than the intricate design of the plastic xmaxx chassis.
Seems to me the M2C top plate Rich put on the xmaxx actually lessoned the durability, too little flex?
Traxxas could easily beef up the plastic chassis if they had the desire to, but where's the money in that? It would have to be done in the design of the chassis itself which is what makes it so hard to really make stronger to end users and aftermarket alike.(IMO)

Plastics sure do become brittle at low temps, not sure that 40-50f is really making much difference tho.
Two different animals are the xmaxx and arrma 8s. One relies on stiffness of aluminum with more bracing providing more strength, the other light weight with chassis flex being part of it's actual design.
Strengthening any pan chassis vehicle is a much simpler process than the intricate design of the plastic xmaxx chassis.
Seems to me the M2C top plate Rich put on the xmaxx actually lessoned the durability, too little flex?
Traxxas could easily beef up the plastic chassis if they had the desire to, but where's the money in that? It would have to be done in the design of the chassis itself which is what makes it so hard to really make stronger to end users and aftermarket alike.(IMO)
Yeah I was about to say that the top aluminum plate is probably worse for the Xmaxx. It doesn't let the chassis flex, so it probably just cracks. And then all that aluminum in the middle at the center of the chassis on the bottom from M2C is probably a bad thing too. The should have just done a smaller motor mount and at the bottom, a 3d printed mount like I have on mine. The CVD stuff look OK for the centers driveshaft.

Yeah I was about to say that the top aluminum plate is probably worse for the Xmaxx. It doesn't let the chassis flex, so it probably just cracks. And then all that aluminum in the middle at the center of the chassis on the bottom from M2C is probably a bad thing too. The should have just done a smaller motor mount and at the bottom, a 3d printed mount like I have on mine. The CVD stuff look OK for the centers driveshaft.
Where did you get the 3d printed mount? Any links? I have printers, a new xmaxx and time to kill since it's hibernation season in northeast😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back