Kraton Durango Dex8 parts that fit the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg
They never looked like they would fit from a stare and compare of picture. Only one stock outdrive on my Kraton showed signs of fast wear. It's the right rear for some reason. It may have something to do with torque. Some of my inner driveshaft pins are getting flat also. Glad to hear the Durango outdrives fit. Maybe they will be a good improvement. Great job bud. Thanks.
Got some comparison photos

View attachment 4118
image.jpeg

Got some comparison photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 46

Nice !!!! Side by side tells the true story. I think these will be a great addition to the Kraton. I have to tell you...I've been looking at a Tekno 1/8, the new Tekno MT410, A Outcast, Losi 8ight's, Mugen MBX7 and some 1/4 scales for a new build...and I still can't pull the trigger on one. Nothing is looking better than a Kraton platform. I'm that happy with this Kraton build I have and what we all were able to do to make them better.... A few little mods and upgrades and it's killer...you don't even have to do them but the way my rig is sitting now....I can't even pull the trigger on a Tekno 1/8 . I want to real bad but I think this Kraton is working out great. It's about $100 bucks to get the all metal center diff hangers and metal spur in a Tekno 1/8th...My Kraton came with most of that and another $12 to make the other hanger. Plus...I'm seeing rollers for $200. I hope people continue to sell the Kraton rollers . You can't beat that.

Another thing with the Kraton...it has helical gears rather than straight cut. I do believe this is better for building RC's that are over powered. I wonder if the Kraton has to have helical because Arrma is advertising it as a 6S RC. Real race cars only use straight cut gears so they don't crack the case that the gears are in. Helical produces too much torque to the sides for race cars...but for ring and pinion mesh in the RC's..there is more contact surface of the gears. Maybe a combination of the Kraton and some DEX8 is key to having a basher with some benefits of some better race parts. I think I'm going to end up replacing my Slash with the Tekno MT410, keep the Kraton because I love it . The MT410 is the same size as the Outcast...and looks pretty nice. It's sold as a 1/10th scale but uses all 1/8 scale electronics and parts. I think transplanting my Slashes electronics into it will be good. Run 4S.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Nice !!!! Side by side tells the true story. I think these will be a great addition to the Kraton. I have to tell you...I've been looking at a Tekno 1/8, the new Tekno MT410, A Outcast, Losi 8ight's, Mugen MBX7 and some 1/4 scales for a new build...and I still can't pull the trigger on one. Nothing is looking better than a Kraton platform. I'm that happy with this Kraton build I have and what we all were able to do to make them better.... A few little mods and upgrades and it's killer...you don't even have to do them but the way my rig is sitting now....I can't even pull the trigger on a Tekno 1/8 . I want to real bad but I think this Kraton is working out great. It's about $100 bucks to get the all metal center diff hangers and metal spur in a Tekno 1/8th...My Kraton came with most of that and another $12 to make the other hanger. Plus...I'm seeing rollers for $200. I hope people continue to sell the Kraton rollers . You can't beat that.

Another thing with the Kraton...it has helical gears rather than straight cut. I do believe this is better for building RC's that are over powered. I wonder if the Kraton has to have helical because Arrma is advertising it as a 6S RC. Real race cars only use straight cut gears so they don't crack the case that the gears are in. Helical produces too much torque to the sides for race cars...but for ring and pinion mesh in the RC's..there is more contact surface of the gears. Maybe a combination of the Kraton and some DEX8 is key to having a basher with some benefits of some better race parts. I think I'm going to end up replacing my Slash with the Tekno MT410, keep the Kraton because I love it . The MT410 is the same size as the Outcast...and looks pretty nice. It's sold as a 1/10th scale but uses all 1/8 scale electronics and parts. I think transplanting my Slashes electronics into it will be good. Run 4S.
Todays mod was using the front metal upper suspension hanger from the Dex8.Not worth the time and effort but can be made to work.I whittled down some aluminum spacers to fit the Dex8 hanger, than pressed them in.

I have Dex 8 lower hangers on the front of my Kraton, they stopped the issue of every hit my bumper took smashing my hinge pins back through the hanger.

I had to use the Dex 8 pins with the hangers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back