Kraton Durango Dex8 parts that fit the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I ordered some Dex8 outdrives and the aluminum front suspension bracket.Also the diff housings look the same as the Kraton,so the complete diff should also.The Durango uses a 43/13 straight cut gears,while the Kraton uses 43/10 spiral gears ( Tower tech notes say it'sa 13t,but there wrong)so if you wanted a higher top end you could change your diff gears for more speed,or over drive the front?Also the shock towers should also fit( more suspension options?)I plan on updating this thread with what fits and if/ what benefit it brings!
If anyone has confirmed compatability of parts please post here.

Try to get a cheap roller and experiment with stuff. Look over a complete Durango and see what you think...you may want to keep it as is !!!!!! Or if stuff fits on the wider Kraton...go for it. You can always sell a nice Durango roller easy. It would be easy to fit the big tires on a DEX8 but I would like to see it with the wider A-Arms. It would be sweet if it works. If not.....keep the DEX8 or sell it. I would love to see someone keep us posted on something like that. What makes a Kraton great is the width....it could use a few higher quality parts also. DeX8 parts are nicer.....if they fit as a replacement/upgrade why not. I rather get a roller to look over rather than guessing...then make a decision. The DeX8 may not be as beefy as a Kraton also. Get a roller and compare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Durango-DEX8-/222321204271?hash=item33c3605c2f:g:HkQAAOSw5cNYMgvs

Last edited:
Try to get a cheap roller and experiment with stuff. Look over a complete Durango and see what you think...you may want to keep it as is !!!!!! Or if stuff fits on the wider Kraton...go for it. You can always sell a nice Durango roller easy. It would be easy to fit the big tires on a DEX8 but I would like to see it with the wider A-Arms. It would be sweet if it works. If not.....keep the DEX8 or sell it. I would love to see someone keep us posted on something like that. What makes a Kraton great is the width....it could use a few higher quality parts also. DeX8 parts are nicer.....if they fit as a replacement/upgrade why not. I rather get a roller to look over rather than guessing...then make a decision. The DeX8 may not be as beefy as a Kraton also. Get a roller and compare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Durango-DEX8-/222321204271?hash=item33c3605c2f:g:HkQAAOSw5cNYMgvs
Theres only a few parts worth swaping so far that a have seen.The metal front suspensionholder inplace of the stock plastic piece will be a start.All the other pivots are metal reinforeced except the front top aft pivot.

Keep in mind....you can get a Kraton roller for $200 bucks. Whoop the hell out of yours then just pick up a roller and swap electronics. ParkRacing has a good point also. It is fun to build stuff better but also keep in mind....you can bash up a Kraton and get a brand new roller for cheap. It's a shame to bash up a race Truggy...although I may be getting one soon to bash up. I'm not sure yet because the Kraton seems to be still winning over the few I am looking at. I still can't pull the trigger on anything else. I have money to burn on one but I just can't seem to get away from the Kraton. I look at how I have the center diff dual metal supports now ,harden the outdrives and how perfect it is running. Yeah it's all new electronics but I got it as a RTR for under $400 bucks. I found a Best offer deal on Flea Bay.

Keep Parks views in mind also....I know what he's saying. But if you find a few blings to install from a Durango...I would do it up and also like to see what you find.

Last edited:
Keep in mind....you can get a Kraton roller for $200 bucks. Whoop the hell out of yours then just pick up a roller and swap electronics. ParkRacing has a good point also. It is fun to build stuff better but also keep in mind....you can bash up a Kraton and get a brand new roller for cheap. It's a shame to bash up a race Truggy...although I may be getting one soon to bash up. I'm not sure yet because the Kraton seems to be still winning over the few I am looking at. I still can't pull the trigger on anything else. I have money to burn on one but I just can't seem to get away from the Kraton. I look at how I have the center diff dual metal supports now ,harden the outdrives and how perfect it is running. Yeah it's all new electronics but I got it as a RTR for under $400 bucks. I found a Best offer deal on Flea Bay.

Keep Parks views in mind also....I know what he's saying. But if you find a few blings to install from a Durango...I would do it up and also like to see what you find.
I have an $800 dollar slash 2wd that runs like a $250 dollar associated sc10! I love to modify, so I have done this several times over the years! Maybe figure out what your goals are with the truck and stick with that, and if you want a Kraton with every mod possible go for it! I will never sell the slash!

It's funny I was just looking at them and wondering what would fit the let us know what you try and what works I wouldn't mind switching over to some parts the outdrives look better

image.jpeg
It's funny I was just looking at them and wondering what would fit the let us know what you try and what works I wouldn't mind switching over to some parts the outdrives look better
Should have the out drives in acouple days and will give them a try and post some pictures also a metal upgrade upper pivot (for the front suspension )that should further strengthen that section.
I also made this gearbox to gearbox brace

I wonder if the straight cut gears would last longer I'm having a hard time keeping the front diffs from tearing apart and I'm tired if replacing it

Spiral cut gears are stronger than straight cut, plus the straight cut pinion has more teeth than the spiral cut one, you would have to change front and rear at the same time.
I wonder if the straight cut gears would last longer I'm having a hard time keeping the front diffs from tearing apart and I'm tired if replacing it

View attachment 4068
Should have the out drives in acouple days and will give them a try and post some pictures also a metal upgrade upper pivot (for the front suspension )that should further strengthen that section.
I also made this gearbox to gearbox brace
Looks like you got a strong rig there.

image.jpeg
I don't recommend it,not that fun!!
The Durango diff out drives have some advantages over stock.Installed there 1mm overall narrower side to side,so more dog bone clearance,also the drive groove is deeper giving even more room.There much better finished and thicker where it counts.

Yep!The width difference is overall diff out drive to diff out drive so doesn't affect fitment but does give more dogbone room.

They never looked like they would fit from a stare and compare of picture. Only one stock outdrive on my Kraton showed signs of fast wear. It's the right rear for some reason. It may have something to do with torque. Some of my inner driveshaft pins are getting flat also. Glad to hear the Durango outdrives fit. Maybe they will be a good improvement. Great job bud. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back