Duratrax 3.8 Lockups or Six Packs on Typhon and Kraton, what is your thought or experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the traction with the lockups is amazing, I have major issues with my Stampede 4x4 traction rolling.
Yep and after rereading title and OP I should clarify I’m running standard buggy size not 3.8s on my Typhon. The larger width and weight of 3.8s would perform different in all aspects vs my experience.

I have the duratrax six packs for my kraton, they are tapped so they don’t ballon, I don’t like the handling. It pushes through the corners, it’s like the tires don’t cut in a turn. I prefer backflips

And super heavy
I have Duratrax Six Pack truggy tires on the Typhon now. Vented and Strapped with 65# braided fishing line. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about em. Something isn't dialed right for me but I can't figure out exactly what it is. For jumping a ramp in my backyard on 4s they're pretty good and kinda slide over patchy grass / dirt. They suck on the road though but I'm running a 20t pinion and shouldn't expect much for handling. The truck gets squirrely when I punch it from mid throttle. I guess on low grass and dirt they're ok for me but now for speed runs I'm back on the GRP medium compound. Really can't call it. I find the Six Pack quite lightweight but I don't have the confidence and control I wish for. I'll have to reevaluate my opinion once I get in some dirt with smaller hills and divots. I bet on a golf course I'd be happy as long as it was later in the day after the dew dries up.

I have Duratrax Six Pack truggy tires on the Typhon now. Vented and Strapped with 65# braided fishing line. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about em. Something isn't dialed right for me but I can't figure out exactly what it is. For jumping a ramp in my backyard on 4s they're pretty good and kinda slide over patchy grass / dirt. They suck on the road though but I'm running a 20t pinion and shouldn't expect much for handling. The truck gets squirrely when I punch it from mid throttle. I guess on low grass and dirt they're ok for me but now for speed runs I'm back on the GRP medium compound. Really can't call it. I find the Six Pack quite lightweight but I don't have the confidence and control I wish for. I'll have to reevaluate my opinion once I get in some dirt with smaller hills and divots. I bet on a golf course I'd be happy as long as it was later in the day after the dew dries up.
How're your temps running on grass with 20T pinion?

I have both a kraton and typhon V3 ordered. I’m building both of them fairly extensively. I’ve had several Erevos over the course of 7 years and I’m switching to Arrma after a lot of research and my disappointment with the Erevo 2.0.

Anyway, what is your experience with the Duratrax 3.8 tires? Am I asking for drivetrain problems? Do you feel these will be too much tire for big jumps, general bashing and backyard racing? I’m upgrading servo mount, servo, shock towers and most of the usual suspects I’ve researched. I’ll also be tuning the diffs.
Duratrax Six pack belted on my kraton 8s.. God damn amazing.. Only con. Heavy cornering at high speeds will peel the tire from the rim.. And this is on almost any rim/tire thats does not have beadlocker. I just cant bring myself to pay $100 for 2 tires of mx43's. Maybe one day regluing is cheaper. Ill find some glue that will hold eventually. Lol

Duratrax Six pack belted on my kraton 8s.. God damn amazing.. Only con. Heavy cornering at high speeds will peel the tire from the rim.. And this is on almost any rim/tire thats does not have beadlocker. I just cant bring myself to pay $100 for 2 tires of mx43's. Maybe one day regluing is cheaper. Ill find some glue that will hold eventually. Lol
Ha! Please let me know when you find this magical glue that will hold tires on an 8S RC.... Or on a 1/8th scale Kraton with a max5, 1100kv motor... and a little bitty 37t pinion ;). I just picked up some six packs that a LHS special ordered for someone and they never came and got them. So, I got them cheap enough that I don't mind gluing every couple of runs even. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back