Duratrax Bandito C2 vs dBoots White Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandito and Hoons are 2 completely different tires for different rigs. Hoons white, silver and gold are Belted tires for speed running. The treaded Bandito's are for street bashing. They are NOT Belted last I heard. The Hoons will afford way better traction overall IMHO. I would never consider using the Banditos for an Infr. or Limitless for instance. Or anything for that matter. The Banditos will probably balloon up at 40+ mph like most Non-belted tires do. Loss of traction would result at this point.
You never stated what rig you intend on using these on???:unsure:

Bandito and Hoons are 2 completely different tires for different rigs. Hoons white, silver and gold are Belted tires for speed running. The treaded Bandito's are for street bashing. They are NOT Belted last I heard. The Hoons will afford way better traction overall IMHO. I would never consider using the Banditos for an Infr. or Limitless for instance. Or anything for that matter. The Banditos will probably balloon up at 40+ mph like most Non-belted tires do. Loss of traction would result at this point.
You never stated what rig you intend on using these on???:unsure:

It’s for a Typhon 6s. I currently have the silver hoons and I’m looking to pickup something that has a little more traction that won’t wear out so fast. Either those two are my next choice, maybe I should consider either the White or Gold hoons instead? It will just be for street bashing on a smaller area, so I will still have the Silver hoons on a more open area.

Gold is soft. White med. Silver is hard. I find the whites are fine for moderate speeds. Never used the Gold. They are too soft especially for high ambient temps. They will wear out real fast. Gold would be best in very cold climates below 50F IMO. Arrma makes a tire chart regarding the various Hoons.:cool:
You can try a set of Banditos if you keep speeds low. But they aren't the best choice for a Typhon 6S IMO. Maybe others could chime in with experience with them.
edit: The harder, longer wearing the tire is , the less traction you will get. Depends on the temps where you will be running. Harder is always for higher temps. Harder rubber will heat up and only then will you get proper traction.

Last edited:
Bandito SC C2 are my favorite street tires for my Slash 4x4 running on 4S with a Sensored Turnigy 4268 motor that tops out around 55 mph. I’m just now wearing out third set. They legitimately last a very long time (~70 battery packs) yet have a ton of grip on clean asphalt. On dirty and sandy asphalt, they amazing for controlled sliding and drifting. I always strap the Banditos with two revolutions of Gorilla tape before gluing. Just recently mounted onto a set of DE Racing Shortcourse 17mm wheels. When strapped properly, the ballooning is minimal but still there.

The first problem I see is that they are 4.3” vs 4”. It’s a no go clearing front Limitless Splitter at full steering lock. Add the small amount of expansion and it would rub real good without trimming.
On a Typhon though, it might just work if you’re cruising under 55 mph. I’ve yet to go much over 60mph to provide more feedback here. Balancing will probably start to become a concern as well beyond 60mph.

Attachments

• 212ED323-956B-4999-B259-037B8AAF74C8.jpeg
    212ED323-956B-4999-B259-037B8AAF74C8.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 134
  • B31BC8F5-D3CA-4756-BB43-2746E438A440.jpeg
    B31BC8F5-D3CA-4756-BB43-2746E438A440.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 228916E4-4F4C-4EFB-AEF3-EF480E2CD6AD.jpeg
    228916E4-4F4C-4EFB-AEF3-EF480E2CD6AD.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 8AD930C9-AE85-419F-B6E4-A14CE5CD197F.jpeg
    8AD930C9-AE85-419F-B6E4-A14CE5CD197F.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 026F0B94-D6F2-408E-9A30-FB52FB8D70D1.jpeg
    026F0B94-D6F2-408E-9A30-FB52FB8D70D1.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 107
  • AF40BE27-52F1-4FD2-A83A-BF0EA6FFDBAE.jpeg
    AF40BE27-52F1-4FD2-A83A-BF0EA6FFDBAE.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Gold is soft. White med. Silver is hard. I find the whites are fine for moderate speeds. Never used the Gold. They are too soft especially for high ambient temps. They will wear out real fast. Gold would be best in very cold climates below 50F IMO. Arrma makes a tire chart regarding the various Hoons.:cool:
You can try a set of Banditos if you keep speeds low. But they aren't the best choice for a Typhon 6S IMO. Maybe others could chime in with experience with them.
edit: The harder, longer wearing the tire is , the less traction you will get. Depends on the temps where you will be running. Harder is always for higher temps. Harder rubber will heat up and only then will you get proper traction.

I'll give the Banditos a try

Bandito SC C2 are my favorite street tires for my Slash 4x4 running on 4S with a Sensored Turnigy 4268 motor that tops out around 55 mph. I’m just now wearing out third set. They legitimately last a very long time (~70 battery packs) yet have a ton of grip on clean asphalt. On dirty and sandy asphalt, they amazing for controlled sliding and drifting. I always strap the Banditos with two revolutions of Gorilla tape before gluing. Just recently mounted onto a set of DE Racing Shortcourse 17mm wheels. When strapped properly, the ballooning is minimal but still there.

The first problem I see is that they are 4.3” vs 4”. It’s a no go clearing front Limitless Splitter at full steering lock. Add the small amount of expansion and it would rub real good without trimming.
On a Typhon though, it might just work if you’re cruising under 55 mph. I’ve yet to go much over 60mph to provide more feedback here. Balancing will probably start to become a concern as well beyond 60mph.

Thats awesome man. I'll try out the Bandito C2 buggy tires. How much more grip does it have over the white Hoons?

Belting the Bandito would be important enough to do. Premounts just won't do in this case. But the Hoons and Banditos are completely different. Not a fair comparison.
Hoons are premounts with 17mm hex for more narrowed applications. A Slash on 4 s is a completely different animal to a Typhon 6s. Night and day different. But whatever works....

Thats awesome man. I'll try out the Bandito C2 buggy tires. How much more grip does it have over the white Hoons?
I haven’t run my Limitless with white Hoons yet as it doesn’t have electronics. I also have a set of Silver Hoons that have not been tested either. Will update once I get up and running.
Belting the Bandito would be important enough to do. Premounts just won't do in this case. But the Hoons and Banditos are completely different. Not a fair comparison.
Hoons are premounts with 17mm hex for more narrowed applications. A Slash on 4 s is a completely different animal to a Typhon 6s. Night and day different. But whatever works....
I agree - Gorilla tape strapping would be a must with Banditos on 6S. The buggy Bandito tires are pre mounted, so that’d already be difficult to strap from the get go without ungluing them. My 4268 motor is 2350KV and 4S feels pretty quick as is on an LCG Slash 4x4. I’d say it’s more comparable to watching YouTube videos of an Infraction on 4S where there isn’t as much torque to easily do drifts unless you are on dirty pavement or unsettle the suspension/balance of the car mid corner. On 6S doing drifts on clean asphalt though, I could see the Banditos wearing down pretty quickly.

A set of GRP belted slicks for $40 would be a much more comparable tire to the Hoons.

I'm running a HW 4274 sensored 2200kv (hybrid sensored mode, not full sensored). Punch is all the way down. Timing and boost is off . I find 2200kv with 6s to be a good balance of torque and motor revs. Have about 15 runs on it so far. Speed running only. My original stock Hoons(white) are in excellent condition. Wheel alignment is key. Getting speeds of 69-70mph consistently real easy. I need more room however. I know it will approach 100mph. There's plenty left in the TH. 30T pinion is what I am running with stock spool gear. I have a nice set of foams when I graduate past 100mph. I have a set of real cheap AMZ tires that I belted with Gor. Tape for drifting and bashing and the smoke that everyone likes to see on videos. But I don't do that much at all with my Lim.:cool:
edit: to reiterate, the Banditos may not be the correct tire to go for. Best for 1/10 scale bashing. Not for high powered GT or 1/7 on road IMHO.

Last edited:
Update: I’m currently using the GRP S7 and surprisingly, they have much more grip than the Silver Hoons and also better value.

GRP's tend to be better value. Better Quality.
I generally would agree here but I’ve been getting some bad sets of GRPs lately. Almost every single tire is waaaaaayyyy out of balance. I’ve had two with broken belts. Some with belting coming out of the vent holes. I’m sticking with them, but they ain’t perfect.

0C57DEE9-CED1-4246-88AF-20C0F7059F69.jpeg

^^^Good point, thanks for that.
Seems that most avoid the Hoons though when speeds get more serious. I could be wrong. I wonder what the real consensus is. Ive gotten bad QC Hoons also. I'm a believer of foamies. It removes the belts and poor QC tire molding out of the tire equation. Foams just require a more groomed/ cleaner running surface to perform at their best IMHO. And foams have a wider temp. range in general. Roll out diminishes with wear, but they are more consistent running :cool:

I have both and yes the newer banditos are belted. I have the bandito st and on mt 4s big rock they barely grow a all in a full throttle free spin. As for grip, not too bad as long as i have camber on all 4 set to zero for a good contact patch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back