Vorteks Duratrax Six Pack MT's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhaulrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Mojave
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Senton 3s
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Vendetta
  13. Vorteks
Afternoon! For anybody wondering about the Duratrax Six Pack MT's, here they are. I ordered them after comparing sizes on HH's website, because I wanted something close to stock size. Either I was smoking something that night, or Duratrax and Arrma measure differently, but they are definitely bigger than stock. I really don't like them, and next I'm gonna order the ST series. I've gotten a lot from this forum, so I wanted to give back to the group! If anybody was wondering what they look like on a Vorteks, then here ya go 😎

PXL_20230122_191640109.jpg

Afternoon! For anybody wondering about the Duratrax Six Pack MT's, here they are. I ordered them after comparing sizes on HH's website, because I wanted something close to stock size. Either I was smoking something that night, or Duratrax and Arrma measure differently, but they are definitely bigger than stock. I really don't like them, and next I'm gonna order the ST series. I've gotten a lot from this forum, so I wanted to give back to the group! If anybody was wondering what they look like on a Vorteks, then here ya go 😎

View attachment 285555
Have you ran them much? Any issues with drive train and heat?

Have you ran them much? Any issues with drive train and heat?
They are definitely grippier all around than the stockers. I dropped two teeth off the pinion to compensate for the taller diameter, and it never once overheated. Air control is much more pronounced also! Wheelies like crazy 🙃 BUT.. I shredded my first Arrma spur gear about 20 minutes into it. I said ok, I've got some run time on this truck already, it must have been time. So I had a spare on stand by, that one lasted about 10 minutes. That could have been my fault, I was changing it out of the trunk of my car, who knows. I ended up parking it and installing the cheep metal one from Amazon. It's definitely heavier than the plastic one, and it tamed the wheelies down some, but so far so good 🤞

You could try https://www.louiserc.eu/ and look for the tires that look identical to the Duratrax. In the tab ‘Tech Specs’ you can find the dimension, weight, hex size etc.

Off topic: their new 8s tires for the Kraton 8s and XMaxx look really nice.👌
Hey thanks for that link, and you're right, that 8s lineup has a ton of variety, very cool 😎

I’m a Duratrax fan. Got em on a lot of rigs.

ACFA9DC2-5910-475C-B428-9FD8E2020FD4.jpeg

0D9CB55E-C9AC-4EBF-830D-429DAE5FFEF6.jpeg

EB1D9CEA-3BCF-42E4-A0CB-5235C25FB595.jpeg

2FD006E0-CF3E-4B1B-AE93-314B41514E4A.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep 🤣 I trimmed the body but it still rubs. I was thinking of throwing Typhon arms on it and I might like the looks of it more, if not, I'm gonna try the ST series of tires
That thing turn? Lol
I have two diff versions on my two crawlers and they work phenomenally. People hate on duratrax tires but they are really missing out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back