Duratrax tires. What's What's your experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I needed tires for my xmaxx 8s and the hobby shop had some duratrax lockups for $100 for 4. I went for it. They are belted. After like three runs, they look good, grip good and are holding up. Someone else on YT said that they were having good luck with their lockups too. What's your experience with Duratrax? I like them so far.

I have some Lockups 2.8 MT after like 4-5 runs they started to tear and idk what happened to the foams in them it was like they were dry rotted or something, they just fell apart and turned into a ball inside the tires. I'm thinking the seller I bought them from had some super old ones or something.

I have some Lockups 2.8s after like 4-5 runs they started to tear and idk what happened to the foams in them it was like they were dry rotted or something, they just fell apart and turned into a ball inside the tires.
Wow. I hope that doesn't happen to me. Were they belted? Because these are. I haven't been to impressed with the my Mx 28 from proline. They keep coming unglued and one of the front ones ripped on my Typhon 6s.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=DTXC5501

I've had pretty good luck with Duratrax. I only have two sets I think and none that are belted. Didn't even know they offered belted yet and for $100, I think thats a good deal for something that big.
I find the 2.8 ones I have balloon a lot but belted shouldn't be an issue. The buggy tires I have are still in good shape but I vented and wrapped with 65# test fishing lead.
Curious to hear how they work out for you.
Without doing any research on my end at all, I'd probably try em at that price.
I feel like Duratrax makes comparably good tires and wheels and have only heard negatives about ballooning....which can usually be fixed with pre-treatment. I wouldn't vent belted tires though.

I've had pretty good luck with Duratrax. I only have two sets I think and none that are belted. Didn't even know they offered belted yet and for $100, I think thats a good deal for something that big.
I find the 2.8 ones I have balloon a lot but belted shouldn't be an issue. The buggy tires I have are still in good shape but I vented and wrapped with 65# test fishing lead.
Curious to hear how they work out for you.
Without doing any research on my end at all, I'd probably try em at that price.
I feel like Duratrax makes comparably good tires and wheels and have only heard negatives about ballooning....which can usually be fixed with pre-treatment. I wouldn't vent belted tires though.
Yeah there's no need for venting belted tires. I even found them online for $80 shipped. I think I'm going to go for those too for my other xmaxx. So far all the few people that have them on their xmaxx are happy.
No I don't think the 2.8s come belted. I don't think the MX28s were meant to be run on 6s I could be wrong though.
I run them mostly on 4s but with a 15 tooth pinion. That might be too much for them.

Yeah there's no need for venting belted tires. I even found them online for $80 shipped. I think I'm going to go for those too for my other xmaxx. So far all the few people that have them on their xmaxx are happy.

I run them mostly on 4s but with a 15 tooth pinion. That might be too much for them.
Yeah I think 4s is technically too much for them too Proline doesn't have any actual power limits listed just this.
But they list the Maxx as a 1/10 Monster truck?

Yeah I think 4s is technically too much for them too Proline doesn't have any actual power limits listed just this.
But they list the Maxx as a 1/10 Monster truck?
It's probably my fault then. If I would have known that, I would not have bought them. I just might use my second Kaiju tires on my Typhon then ?

It's probably my fault then. If I would have known that, I would not have bought them. I just might use my second Kaiju tires on my Typhon then ?
Idk I see tons of guys running them on their Typhons on 6s though. Mine have been fine and don't really even balloon much, but I only run them on 3s, they balloon less than the Lockups did, hell the Mashers balloon less than the Lockups did, but with the Lockups I could pull off triple backflips all day long :ROFLMAO:

Idk I see tons of guys running them on their Typhons on 6s though. Mine have been fine and don't really even balloon much, but I only run them on 3s, they balloon less than the Lockups did, hell the Mashers balloon less than the Lockups did, but with the Lockups I could pull off triple backflips all day long :ROFLMAO:
I even vented and gorilla taped my MX28s. ?

These lock ups must be good because they are sold out everywhere. ?

Yeah that's a good sign. Like I said $100 or less for giant tires is hard to beat.
Here’s my banditos on the x-maxx.
I may have done some suspension changes so keep an eye out in my build thread.
image.jpg

Another happy Duratrax owner. And I have Lockups in 2.8MT for the granite, and 1/8 buggy for the Typhon. Plus has some Xconns for my Talion, when I had it.

The foams are the only letdown with Duratrax, they are a bit too soft, and get softer as the tire ages. But the rubber is great, and the Lock-ups have lots of traction. Maybe not as much as the Proline BadlandMX28's, but those have almost too much traction, especially in grass.

Duratrax are Louise.. Or vice versa for that matter.. Right?

In my part of the world its Louise.. Those belted tires are a fairly new range within the brand..
Louise calls them their "MFT" line.. Wich, i just found out, stands for "Micro Fiber Technology"

Took a set with me last time i was at my LHS.. Didnt put them on just yet..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back