Kraton Dust Cover for a V5??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philby21

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys,

Looking to try and find a dust cover for my Kraton 6S V5 so I don't have to spend hours blowing dust & debris out of it but I seem to be struggling to find anything suitable - anyone got any ideas?

Two things to bear in mind: 1) I'm in the UK, which doesn't really restrict where I can get stuff from but does make anything from the US ridiculous on postage, and 2) I've been seeing a lot of covers that seem to be for the V4 or BLX - but closer inspections seems to indicate they're not suitable for the V5 (at lease no-one is claiming they are).

At this point I'm considering just buying whatever claims to be suitable and bodging it to fit!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi guys,

Looking to try and find a dust cover for my Kraton 6S V5 so I don't have to spend hours blowing dust & debris out of it but I seem to be struggling to find anything suitable - anyone got any ideas?

Two things to bear in mind: 1) I'm in the UK, which doesn't really restrict where I can get stuff from but does make anything from the US ridiculous on postage, and 2) I've been seeing a lot of covers that seem to be for the V4 or BLX - but closer inspections seems to indicate they're not suitable for the V5 (at lease no-one is claiming they are).

At this point I'm considering just buying whatever claims to be suitable and bodging it to fit!

Cheers,

Phil
Pantyhose will work in a pinch
20181214_003334.jpg

Thanks guys, gotta say I'm loving the creative - and cheap - solutions, especially the panyhose one! (although the wife might start giving me some odd looks!)

I did look at the Dusty Motors cover but couldn't find a picture or video of it being used on the V5, I'm still considering giving it a try and seeing if I can make it fit, I like the ease of the zip opening for battery changes.

Thanks guys, gotta say I'm loving the creative - and cheap - solutions, especially the panyhose one! (although the wife might start giving me some odd looks!)

I did look at the Dusty Motors cover but couldn't find a picture or video of it being used on the V5, I'm still considering giving it a try and seeing if I can make it fit, I like the ease of the zip opening for battery changes.
I bought this of Amazon. Works fine for the Kraton as well
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07815G6KS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edit: The side guards on the Kraton go down lower towards the back of the truck. I put the velcro that holds the cover on flat with the bottom of the guard, then trimmed the top to follow the the contour. I added a small screw and nut right near the end after drilling a small hole in the guard. This was to make sure the velcro didn't peel off easily when removing the cover. I'll snap a pic when I get home if you like.

I bought this of Amazon. Works fine for the Kraton as well
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07815G6KS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edit: The side guards on the Kraton go down lower towards the back of the truck. I put the velcro that holds the cover on flat with the bottom of the guard, then trimmed the top to follow the the contour. I added a small screw and nut right near the end after drilling a small hole in the guard. This was to make sure the velcro didn't peel off easily when removing the cover. I'll snap a pic when I get home if you like.

If you could that would be awesome - sounds like just the sort of solution that would be ideal, thanks!

If you could that would be awesome - sounds like just the sort of solution that would be ideal, thanks!
Will do this evening.

Here's my velcro cut away.

20210414_225343.jpg

Thanks for that, looks like a great solution.

I take it it holds the cover nicely without flapping around?
Very much so. You might need to replace the velcro at some point as it peels off at the front from taking the cover off repeatedly. Should be good if you try to leave it on as much as possible and only open the zippers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back