Kraton Dust cover or other options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I always end up getting debris covering my fans on the motor and esc. Plus rocks and pieces of wood end up in my chassis. What have you guys done to better seal up the chassis? Do any of you run dust covers? I thought about gearing down a tooth or 2 and removing the motor fan. If I can find a dust cover that fits well I would probably run that and save some headaches. Here is a photo after I cleared some of the debris off but you can kind of see what I am dealing with.

65A3870C-A5C6-4B2E-A4D8-53A87F126FC5.jpeg

Last edited:
That little fan or fans do nothing for the temps on the inside of the can where it's the most important. If anything, they give you false readings as a thermo temp gun only temps the outside. If you are geared properly, you don't need fans. That fixes 1/2 of your posted problem.

The other 1/2 of your problem is everyone's problem. Debris happens, kinda like sh!t. :LOL: Nothing compressed air can't handle. ;) If you feel more comfortable using RC nylons, have at it(y)

That little fan or fans do nothing for the temps on the inside of the can where it's the most important. If anything, they give you false readings as a thermo temp gun only temps the outside. If you are geared properly, you don't need fans. That fixes 1/2 of your posted problem.

The other 1/2 of your problem is everyone's problem. Debris happens, kinda like sh!t. :LOL: Nothing compressed air can't handle. ;) If you feel more comfortable using RC nylons, have at it(y)
I am currently running a 19t and probably will go to a 17 or 18t. Why I mentioned gearing down and ditching the fan. Compressed air does not get all the debris out that gets stuck under the battery tray and esc without some disassembly. Trying to keep it as simple as possible with less clean up.

So no fans?

So no fans?
I had a fan on 2 motors. One was in a PL MT and the other was on a Kaiju. Sold them both with fans. Obviously, I was getting higher temps on the outside of the can without the fan, but the internals were hotter. I prefer more accurate temps. Even if you are geared to factory "specs" the way you bash your rig might make the temps go up quicker and gearing down even from the lowest pinion they include is necessary. To each their own, I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back